The Student Room Group

I had my PIP Tribunal hearing today!!!!!! plus a rant bout their system...

Idk where to post this so change the forum someone!

So let me first give u an overview of wat happened....

So firstly I had to fill in that fat booklet and I sent it
Still they needed an interview
So me and my mum we prepared.... kinda

So that went ok I guess
lol my mum was angry at the end ... kinda... coz I didn’t say as much as I could’ve nd I didn’t rlly show off myself
Anyways a letter came saying they REJECTED my PIP nd I got 0 fckin points for everything!!!!

Anyways I HAD to apply for an MR and we did that over the phone
We acc vented out everythinggggg, my mum got bare emotional over the phone and Yh the guy was just typing ....
My mum felt glad after that coz I did quite well

Anyways we find out later that I got REJECTED againnnnn but some categories I got points sooooo why the FCK did I get 0’s the first time???? Wat is this F’ed up system?!?!

anyways we had to apply for tribunal and lol coz we are NOT a punctual family I applied for on on the LAST day I had left to apply
I kinda thought I wouldn’t get a hearing but I did!!!!
So until then we were trying to get someone from the council as my representative but no one called back!! That’s y we tried postponing the tribunal date but u k they didn’t accept
We said it was a family emergency but oh well

So Monday evening my mum and I went through all the paperwork they sent us in the whole bundle thing

And today was the day!!!!!!!!
I wasn’t rlly that nervous lol
But my mum was like don’t mess up and don’t leave ANYTHING out

Yh everything was going fine in the process, we then left the room for them to make a decision....
We came back and she said I was SUCCESSFUL!!!! In BOTH categories!!!!!
So mobility AND the other one.... idk

But omgggggggggg we were so glad
I mean i didn’t feel anything but all I k is it’s over with
But my mum was sooooo happpyyyyy

Omg also she got emotional saying wtf is this stupid system!
I agree as well!!!!!

Urgh like from this stupid interview and getting REJECTED AND HAVE 0 POINTS for everything to this???????

They made us go through ALL THAT TROUBLE
urghhhhhh

Like I was on DLA until 16 and y wasn’t I just kept with the same nosy coz my disability was basically the same and I needed money for my day to day life
So idk

But anywayyyyssss ahhhh Im so glad

All they said was that I was successful but they’ll send their responses by post coz there wasn’t enough time

I read somewhere u can sue them or say something bad which I think we will do!
Making us go thru all dat....

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

Monsur x
Well done. The tribunal people are great and listen to claimants and assume they’re being honest. The DWP people and atos etc are just trying to rush through and refuse as many people as possible because they know that lots of people won’t be able to deal with the stress of getting to tribunal.

:mad:

You should try to arrange to see your MP (they do surgery sessions where you can book an appointment) and explain how horrible it has been. The system will only change when MPs change it. It wasn’t always like this.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Well done. The tribunal people are great and listen to claimants and assume they’re being honest. The DWP people and atos etc are just trying to rush through and refuse as many people as possible because they know that lots of people won’t be able to deal with the stress of getting to tribunal.

:mad:

You should try to arrange to see your MP (they do surgery sessions where you can book an appointment) and explain how horrible it has been. The system will only change when MPs change it. It wasn’t always like this.

Thankssss.
And urgh that’s rough ... y u putting people through all that trouble
Especially us disabled ones u k... not trying to be rude but
Ugm?

Wait... MP? Like those prime ministers or wat 😀
Lol idk wat that is
Original post by Monsur x
Thankssss.
And urgh that’s rough ... y u putting people through all that trouble
Especially us disabled ones u k... not trying to be rude but
Ugm?

Wait... MP? Like those prime ministers or wat 😀
Lol idk wat that is

https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/ explains what your MP is paid to do (ie listen to you!) and how to arrange to meet them. There's a link there to find out who your MP is.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/ explains what your MP is paid to do (ie listen to you!) and how to arrange to meet them. There's a link there to find out who your MP is.

Thaaanks

Monsur x
Reply 5
@PQ

Heyy
So you k from the time my money stopped to the time I won the tribunal
I’ve read that I should get that money back

Do you k who I should call? DWP?
Reply 6
Also...
I went on the link just now

Does it matter what party they r in?