Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I got a place at Keele for Physiotherapy and i heard on the offer holder day that we have to wear shorts and sport bras for practicals. However, I am not really comfortable for that as I don't it and because of my religion. Is there a way I can wear something else and still be able to do practicals. Or if I don't do will i still be able to do my course.
Please help me guys!!!
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I got a place at Keele for Physiotherapy and i heard on the offer holder day that we have to wear shorts and sport bras for practicals. However, I am not really comfortable for that as I don't it and because of my religion. Is there a way I can wear something else and still be able to do practicals. Or if I don't do will i still be able to do my course.
Please help me guys!!!
Hi there!

I imagine that as long as you’re in comfortable clothes you don’t mind moving about it then I can’t see it being a problem! However, if you’d like, I could email the physiotherapy admissions team and run it by then just to double check? Hope this helps!
Affey1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so for replying so early, but if you can check with the physiotherapy admission team, that'll be amazing. Thank you
Keele Postgraduate
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Affey1234)
Thank you so for replying so early, but if you can check with the physiotherapy admission team, that'll be amazing. Thank you
Not a problem! I sent them an e-mail yesterday which they’ve received so I’m just waiting on a reply! I’ll let you know as soon as possible
n4f154h
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please help me guys!!!
I'm in the same position as you, that attire isn't suitable for me so what's the alternative?
Keele Postgraduate
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please help me guys!!!
Hi there!

So the admissions team have responded and said -

‘The practicals are for students to practise physiotherapy techniques on each other to assist in their learning.
Please, however, reassure the student that the School absolutely respects that students don't always feel comfortable wearing shorts or being demonstrated on. If the student wishes to wear leggings or similar then this should be fine, but there will generally be the option to not be a model if they aren't comfortable with it. They will of course need to be comfortable demonstrating on someone else, who may be wearing shorts etc.’

I hope this helps you relax!
Keele Postgraduate
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by meerkats)
I'm in the same position as you, that attire isn't suitable for me so what's the alternative?
Hi there!

The admissions team have said -

‘The practicals are for students to practise physiotherapy techniques on each other to assist in their learning.
Please, however, reassure the student that the School absolutely respects that students don't always feel comfortable wearing shorts or being demonstrated on. If the student wishes to wear leggings or similar then this should be fine, but there will generally be the option to not be a model if they aren't comfortable with it. They will of course need to be comfortable demonstrating on someone else, who may be wearing shorts etc.’

n4f154h
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador)
Hi there!

The admissions team have said -

Ah thank you so much! This has deffo put me at ease.
Keele Postgraduate
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by meerkats)
Ah thank you so much! This has deffo put me at ease.
Not a problem! I’m so glad! The admissions team have advised that if you have any more questions or queries then feel free to visit their page or email them! Their email is [email protected] and their page is https://www.keele.ac.uk/ahp/studywithus/undergraduate/
Affey1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much. That really helped me with my decision. Thank you very much . Really appreciate your help.
n4f154h
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please help me guys!!!
Hey, are you firming Keele?
Affey1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, definitely this has helped me my decision!!!
Keele Postgraduate
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Affey1234)
Yes, definitely this has helped me my decision!!!
I’m so glad to hear you’ll be confirming! You know where I am if you need to know anything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (97)
10.73%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.39%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.87%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (100)
11.06%
Financial worries (62)
6.86%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.19%

Watched Threads