friend returned from italy but still comes to school

Watch
rasi637283
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i live in central europe and every neighboring country has confirmed cases of the corona virus spread by ppl who returned from guess what.. italy 👏👏👏 my friend was also in northern italy but this inconsiderate f****r still comes to school... im EXTREMELY worried abt this since i have an older dad at home.
people in my country are not taking this seriously.
should i try convince my teachers and dad to let me stay at home for two weeks or rather encourage my school staff to make everyone returning from italy stay at home??
MiaNova
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Relax. If he's been given a yes to come to school I'm sure he's fine, and so will you be.
rasi637283
Rep:
?
(Original post by MiaNova)
Relax. If he's been given a yes to come to school I'm sure he's fine, and so will you be.
thank you! however my school have not yet made regulations like uk schools.. i dont think teachers even know where he went skiing...
i might be overstressing tho just worried abt my dad sigh...
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rasi637283)
thank you! however my school have not yet made regulations like uk schools.. i dont think teachers even know where he went skiing...
i might be overstressing tho just worried abt my dad sigh...
Obviously stay vigilant and contact the relevant emergent services if you notice any symptoms.

Stay safe
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh go suck a lemon, he's not a bloody leper.
rasi637283
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Oh go suck a lemon, he's not a bloody leper.
lmao i have my reasons to worry.. why you think uk schools wont let kids returning from northern italy go to school???
lottieEM
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i live in england and the advice here is that you shouldn’t come into school if you’ve got flu-like symptoms. idk, you might have different regulations in your country but try not to worry unless your friend appears ill x
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You’re overreacting. Of course he can still go to school if he’s not showing flu-like symptoms. You’re just being unreasonable and paranoid about the virus.
rasi637283
Rep:
?
thanks everyone for your input! i know im probably overthinking it here even if you don’t immediately show symptoms when you got the virus... hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i live in central europe and every neighboring country has confirmed cases of the corona virus spread by ppl who returned from guess what.. italy 👏👏👏 my friend was also in northern italy but this inconsiderate f****r still comes to school... im EXTREMELY worried abt this since i have an older dad at home.
people in my country are not taking this seriously.
should i try convince my teachers and dad to let me stay at home for two weeks or rather encourage my school staff to make everyone returning from italy stay at home??
This whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the media. More people die from winter flu. Even if you get it you are unlikely to be seriously ill. Stop stressing
rasi637283
Rep:
?
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
This whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the media. More people die from winter flu. Even if you get it you are unlikely to be seriously ill. Stop stressing
alright thanks... if my dad wasnt 70 i wouldnt be worried at all
rasi637283
Rep:
?
(Original post by fr3akyfrid4y)
Tell her to get out of our glorious U.K. she’s going to pollute it !!!!!!!!!!!!?
never was in the uk to begin w... maybe read my post lol
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
this happened to our school in the london. People in my year have been in contact with this girl who went to italy as well.
rasi637283
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
this happened to our school in the london. People in my year have been in contact with this girl who went to italy as well.
what part of italy did she go to? i hope everyone stays healthy in your school!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Rome
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Rome
good luck lol
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
lmao i have my reasons to worry.. why you think uk schools wont let kids returning from northern italy go to school???
Hardly. You're more likely to catch some common or garden lurgy from schools kids anyway.
One couldnt possibly say, i dont follow developments in schools.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Three girls at my school (2 twins and their friend) went to Italy over the holidays and came back on Monday and today they were taken out of the mock exam and sent home for 2 weeks as a parent had rang in and reported their concerns.
butternut123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Considering the fact that some can go 14 days without showing any signs, I would be slightly concerned. It sounds unlikely that your friend has it but your school is still being incredibly irresponsible. Yes, the death rate is low but it is INCREDIBLY contagious and can seriously harm a country's economy- just look at the FTSE 100. And, news flash, 1% of the population of the UK would mean at least 600,000 deaths (although it's unlikely 100% of the population would be infected) so I don't really think it's something to dismiss. If it was only as dangerous as the yearly flu, then why are countries investing billions of dollars in preventing the spread? They don't do that with the flu.
Last edited by butternut123; 4 weeks ago
rasi637283
Rep:
?
(Original post by butternut123)
Considering the fact that some can go 14 days without showing any signs, I would be slightly concerned. It sounds unlikely that your friend has it but your school is still being incredibly irresponsible. Yes, the death rate is low but it is INCREDIBLY contagious and can seriously harm a country's economy- just look at the FTSE 100. And, news flash, 1% of the population of the UK would mean at least 600,000 deaths (although it's unlikely 100% of the population would be infected) so I don't really think it's something to dismiss. If it was only as dangerous as the yearly flu, then why are countries investing billions of dollars in preventing the spread? They don't do that with the flu.
THANK YOU finally... + yes death rates are low but not for old ppl and my dad is 70 why cant yall do the math.. (and who knows when it’ll mutate..)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.47%
No (53)
22.46%
Not sure (45)
19.07%

Watched Threads