If you could meet...

Watch
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? What would you talk to them about?

I'd meet my great great grandmother, ask her what life in 1800's Mongolia was like. I'd always been super curious about my cultural background.
lyer_in_hellfyre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Martin Luther regarding the intriguing notion, Babylonian captivity of the church
Last edited by lyer_in_hellfyre; 4 weeks ago
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd meet Oscar Wilde to see how much pain he was in in a society which punished him for something that wasn't his choice. I would tell him I admired his bravery in writing Dorian Gray and including the homosexual allusions.
fr3akyfrid4y
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hitler, defo!!!
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yzanne)
I'd meet Oscar Wilde to see how much pain he was in in a society which punished him for something that wasn't his choice. I would tell him I admired his bravery in writing Dorian Gray and including the homosexual allusions.
Used to think this too, but he was likely an abusive pederast, so my opinions changed.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Boris Johnson, dead.
NG Thundrz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
id probably meet my mum she died when i was 5 so i dont really remember her. i want to know what she was like
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? What would you talk to them about?

I'd meet my great great grandmother, ask her what life in 1800's Mongolia was like. I'd always been super curious about my cultural background.
Both my grandfathers.. They died when I was young so never got to know them.. Heard stories how they both survived in terrible conditions (One in UK other in Pakistan).. and how they both were also the 2 nicest men in the family.. It would be nice to get to know them
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My favorite guinea pig who passed the other week. Would want to give her one more cuddle and an ear scratch
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My Ma's gt granda and me Dad's gt granda in terms of family history, cos we aren't 100% sure which part of the old country they came from

Bob Paisley in terms of footie. Knew him when I was a kid, but it'd be great now as an adult (allegedly)

The Buddha, Nāgārjuna, Vasubandhu. Maybe Dharmakīrti and Śankara work-wise, cos I want to know if I have the right end of the stick
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lady Jane Grey, young lady caught up in the politics of old men
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
This sounds super interesting

I'd wanna meet harrysbar and Noto and talk about TSR
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
My Ma's gt granda and me Dad's gt granda in terms of family history, cos we aren't 100% sure which part of the old country they came from
Is there nothing in the records online?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Is there nothing in the records online?
Not before they were accounted for in a census in Liverpool, nope!
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Used to think this too, but he was likely an abusive pederast, so my opinions changed.
What’s the difference between a pederast and a paedophile? Or have I misunderstood
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Umm I errr don’t know
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by J Papi)
Noto
rip
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
What’s the difference between a pederast and a paedophile? Or have I misunderstood
The loose definitions are pederast = adolescents, paedophile = children, but there are more precise terms than paedophile, too
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Fermat... i have to know how he proved his last theorem
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd meet Sasha Grey and ask her if she would suck my ****
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads