The Student Room Group
Original post by LSD1
Where can I get a custom car UK number plate from?

I was looking at this time but I was abit hesitant after looking at the prices. The prices are very low compared to other websites.

https://www.number1plates.com/faqs/

What do you want that is "custom", other than the registration number? You're limited in what can be done for a road-legal plate.
What I mean by custom is a private number plate so let’s say p1ranha instead of LV19 GFX.
Reply 3
Original post by LSD1
What I mean by custom is a private number plate so let’s say p1ranha instead of LV19 GFX.

You can't just make one up - the DVLA has to have issued that plate.
Yeah, existing issued plates only.

Also the word P1ranha' would prob cost more than the car. A local guy to me is a big shot in paving, all his cars have PAV 1, PAV 2, PAV 3 ect, and that's him basically saying 'hahahahahaha! i'm a squillionaire!"
I suggest you do some research as to how the DVLA issues licence plates in the UK.
I could go into great detail as regards year changes and reg plate format but you'd do much better doing the research yourself.
P1RANHA cannot exist as a registration plate in this country. You could have the last three characters as COD or ROE or, from 1991, H???AKE (the ??? representing numbers).

I once bid on X351ARO. I should have bid higher. It's a registration number that hands cult status.
Thank you everyone for the posts.

Latest

Trending

Trending