Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello!

I have gotten unconditional offers from both my preferred choices which are Royal Holloway and Loughborough, both are for psychology and criminology.

And I just really don’t know which one to choose

I know Loughborough has more prestige but is there a significant gap between the two?
Would it be dumb to choose Royal Holloway over Loughborough?
Anonymous #1
Bump
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello!

I have gotten unconditional offers from both my preferred choices which are Royal Holloway and Loughborough, both are for psychology and criminology.

I know Loughborough has more prestige but is there a significant gap between the two?
Which course do you prefer? Any accreditation differences (sorry, not my area)?

Why do you prefer London? If you're not living at home, it's very expensive.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Which course do you prefer? Any accreditation differences (sorry, not my area)?

Why do you prefer London? If you're not living at home, it's very expensive.
They are both accredited, so that’s good but I think that I like the courses at Loughborough a bit more than royal holloway...
And it’s not London specifically it’s just the university is absolutely gorgeous and Loughborough is a pretty small city, so I’m afraid I’m gonna get bored but I’m not the biggest party person but I do like to explore and do stuff :/
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
They are both accredited, so that’s good but I think that I like the courses at Loughborough a bit more than royal holloway...
And it’s not London specifically it’s just the university is absolutely gorgeous and Loughborough is a pretty small city, so I’m afraid I’m gonna get bored but I’m not the biggest party person but I do like to explore and do stuff :/
Holloway's psychology department is pretty good and the surrounding area has tonnes to explore, Windsor park, Castle, Thorpe and so on; it's a really pretty place and so close to London!

When you talk about 'prestige' as well just remember RHUL is just of a lesser known uni all around, although it's really good in a number of departments, just people lack of awareness of the place makes them look down on it more I feel. Both courses and modules for psychology & crim for both uni are very decent, if it's that close of a choice proper read into the modules over the whole degree and see which you prefer, optional modules are a huge plus if you don't know specifically what you want to study! <- cannot emphasise that enough
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!

Hey Anonymous,

First things first congratulations on your offer!

When it comes down to making your decision the best advice I was given was make a list of your priorities and see where each uni fits in this list. If you already know certain things, like how you mentioned you prefer the course at Loughborough, then hopefully this will help you in making a decision.

I have never been to visit Royal Holloway so can't comment on there, but although Loughborough is small it is by no means boring. In your first year you will most likely spend most of your time on campus. This is mainly due to the sheer amount of events and activities you can get involved in through the Students Union. By your second year you will still have lots of places to explore. Loughborough is constantly changing. Since my first year there have been many new developments and it is really great to see how much the town is changing, as well as the surrounding areas.

Ultimately though you need to pick the right place for you. Try the list and visit both of the unis again if you have the chance.

Hope this helps and any more questions feel free to PM us.
Best Wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads