The Student Room Group

EPQ

Hi. I am currently studying BTEC National Extended Diploma in science & I am in grade 12 of a 6th form. I want to study medicine after I finish my course. I want to do an EPQ project related to Plastic Surgery.
I talked to my School today and they said I should apply and start at the beginning of next year but I want to start now so I can have enough time to prepare a good project. Unfortunately it seems like my school is not as excited as I am so I have to find my own way. My questions are:
What sources can you recommend for me to get information regarding where to start & what to do, step by step, from A to Z?

Do you think I can succeed to complete my EPQ by myself without a mentoring teacher?

Thank you all in advanced for your answers.
probably not.

i have a teacher hes just difficult to find or get ANY information out of.

EPQ is deceptively difficult.
doing it without someone to keep you right will probably just lead to a fail.
Original post by AleynaK
Hi. I am currently studying BTEC National Extended Diploma in science & I am in grade 12 of a 6th form. I want to study medicine after I finish my course. I want to do an EPQ project related to Plastic Surgery.
I talked to my School today and they said I should apply and start at the beginning of next year but I want to start now so I can have enough time to prepare a good project. Unfortunately it seems like my school is not as excited as I am so I have to find my own way. My questions are:
What sources can you recommend for me to get information regarding where to start & what to do, step by step, from A to Z?

Do you think I can succeed to complete my EPQ by myself without a mentoring teacher?

Thank you all in advanced for your answers.

No, certainly not. It's essential to have a teacher to mentor your EPQ. You can do some preliminary reading without one of course, but when you get to the beginning of next year, you'll be assigned a mentor.
Original post by Reality Check
No, certainly not. It's essential to have a teacher to mentor your EPQ. You can do some preliminary reading without one of course, but when you get to the beginning of next year, you'll be assigned a mentor.

welcome to episode 1 of "I agree"
*opening*

ME: "I agree"

FIN
Reply 4
Thank you for the replies. I really feel disappointed as I was so excited to start 🤷*♀️I was hoping to find at least a source/guidance that I can start my project, than can shape it during the start of next year with my teacher.

In this case, wouldn’t it be to late to start next year considering I am already in year 12?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending