The Student Room Group

Tesco application still under review?

Applied for tesco jobs a while back and some of them are still under review? Am a bit confused about how long it’ll take. Also does anyone know if they’re willing to be flexible cos one of the jobs I applied for the hours was until 11pm but I know 17 year olds can’t work past 10pm so should I even bother?
Hey,
I am 17, working at Tesco. It will depend on your manager and other colleagues on how flexible they'll be willing to be with you. It did take my entire application process (hearing back, interview and induction) around 2 months, which wasn't ideal. However from what I understand from the store I work at is that the basic expectation is 15 hours a week contracted, with the option of overtime (if applicable). Try getting with touch with them (e.i calling up the store or visiting in person) to see if you can find out any information. My process wasn't clear, by chance I had turned up on the interview day after a some misconceptions (however, this may of been due to mangers leaving the store).
Don't be disheartened if you don't get in! All the best!
Original post by MiningInternet
Hey,
I am 17, working at Tesco. It will depend on your manager and other colleagues on how flexible they'll be willing to be with you. It did take my entire application process (hearing back, interview and induction) around 2 months, which wasn't ideal. However from what I understand from the store I work at is that the basic expectation is 15 hours a week contracted, with the option of overtime (if applicable). Try getting with touch with them (e.i calling up the store or visiting in person) to see if you can find out any information. My process wasn't clear, by chance I had turned up on the interview day after a some misconceptions (however, this may of been due to mangers leaving the store).
Don't be disheartened if you don't get in! All the best!

hi! thanks i’ll try calling after the date of the application is done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending