The Student Room Group

advice anyone 🙏

im in a sticky love triangle.
one of my best friends like m(another of their friends like them) but i like one of my other best friends but they dont like me or at least that is what they say...
what should i do
Avoid dating all friends, relatives and people you work with.
Original post by Anonymous
one of my best friends like m(another of their friends like them) but i like one of my other best friends but they dont like me or at least that is what they say...
what should i do

How old are you?
Draw us a diagram or explain your triangle better and with a bit more detail.
Is it worth the effort and putting other peoples noses out of joint?
How serious are the friendships? If things happen they rarely recover.
It’s not entirely clear from your post who likes who.
The best advice I can give you is to not get romantically involved with your friends anyway. And not someone that one of your friends likes unless you want to lose your friend
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
How old are you?
Draw us a diagram or explain your triangle better and with a bit more detail.
Is it worth the effort and putting other peoples noses out of joint?
How serious are the friendships? If things happen they rarely recover.

they're my best friends and im still in school if that helps.
person 1 is the one that likes me
person 2 is the person that likes person 1
person 3 is my crush

ive been friends with these people with for 5 years or just under and they have helped me through a lot of hard times. normally i dont go for my friends but they seem cool with whatever i decide....
they're my best friends and im still in school if that helps.
person 1 is the one that likes me
person 2 is the person that likes person 1
person 3 is my crush

ive been friends with these people with for 5 years or just under and they have helped me through a lot of hard times. normally i dont go for my friends but they seem cool with whatever i decide....

Dont go out with P1.
To the extent P3 is a crush it seems non reciprocal, so no choice to make.
Focus on your exams.
If you decide to P3 if that ever becomes a choice then be prepared to know relationships at your age dont last long usually and importantly your 5 year friendship group is likely to fall apart, especillay of people are uncomfortable and feelings get hurt.

Better imo in this situation to find a relationship outside that group or better still do well in your exams.

If P1 starts in a relationship then you can always renew with P3, but honsestly it boils down to if you feel strongly enough give it a try but realise it has consequences for the group and it might not be worth those. So what most of the others have said.
what should i do

Don’t get involved in it tell your friend you don’t like them in that way and try to move on
I keep friendships and dating totally separate.
This also applies to all friends who want to arrange blind dates or "know a guy who is perfect for you and is really keen to meetup". :eek:
Not a fan of fwb arrangements- messy and with a high risk of ruining a friendship once the kinky thrills reach the end of their shelf life.
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Dont go out with P1.
To the extent P3 is a crush it seems non reciprocal, so no choice to make.
Focus on your exams.
If you decide to P3 if that ever becomes a choice then be prepared to know relationships at your age dont last long usually and importantly your 5 year friendship group is likely to fall apart, especillay of people are uncomfortable and feelings get hurt.

Better imo in this situation to find a relationship outside that group or better still do well in your exams.

If P1 starts in a relationship then you can always renew with P3, but honsestly it boils down to if you feel strongly enough give it a try but realise it has consequences for the group and it might not be worth those. So what most of the others have said.

exactly what i needed thanks.
exactly what i needed thanks.

Choices are always yours to make, but do pay notice if several people say the same thing about what the probable consequences are. Friendships are never the same after and the whole group can often take sides on a break up.
Teenagers are full of hormones and getting into relationships with lots of feelings they havent had before, so only natural friends get fixated on each other because they are there. You get fresh chances when it comes to uni and you will see several threads where people sleep with housemates, split and then its awkward for the rest of the year. Priority at the moment is exams, boring but true. GL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending