What is grooming

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is it considered grooming for a 15 (nearly 16) girl/ boy to have a 18 year old boyfriend / girlfriend? Like if the 18 year old brought them a birthday present just to be nice and wasn’t after anything else is that grooming because they’re younger?
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it considered grooming for a 15 (nearly 16) girl/ boy to have a 18 year old boyfriend / girlfriend? Like if the 18 year old brought them a birthday present just to be nice and wasn’t after anything else is that grooming because they’re younger?
IMHO, it could be considered grooming if it could be proven that the older person was only doing being "nice" with the intention of getting something sexual back from the younger person. If it's an established relationship, I don't think anyone in their right mind could consider that grooming (unless their parents really didn't approve lol).

Besides, for teenagers, the paedophilc threshold is considered to be when there's a 5+ year age gap between the two parties. Therefore, if the younger person was 13, or the older person was in their 20's then it may well be considerd.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If they kissed and cuddled consensually would that be considered grooming?
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If they kissed and cuddled consensually would that be considered grooming?
I doubt it,... unless one person w)as putting pressure on another (e.g. I've bought you all this stuff, do you' you think you owe me now?")
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads