Hopper333
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been severely anxious these past couple of weeks and im wondering if anyone has advice
thanks
Last edited by Hopper333; 4 weeks ago
Abi75
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Having anxiety is horrible and its frustrating when it comes out of nowhere! If possible try and figure out what is triggering the anxiety, is it when your in a certain class or is it just coming up at random times?

Then, if you can, prepare for what is making you anxious, so if its having a massive work load try and set out a to do list and focus on one thing at a time. If its going into a class, have a pep talk with yourself before going in and tell yourself everything will be fine.

Try meditation, chamomile tea or exercise as this will relieve anxiety symptoms. I hope you figure it out but it does suck! xx
Hopper333
Rep:
?
Thank you for your advice, how would i prepare for interacting with large grous of people?
Abi75
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hopper333)
Thank you for your advice, how would i prepare for interacting with large grous of people?
Hi,

No problem, it sounds silly but practising breathing in and out and just concentrating on it really helps me, if you can, I always nip to the bathroom or a room away from everyone, before I have to join the group and just sit for a minute. Also, just telling yourself its fine helps. Plus I guess even if you feel really really anxious its very unlikely that anyone else will realise it. It does get easier the more times you have to do something but just calming yourself before going into a situation does help.

I hope this makes sense! xx
Hopper333
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abi75)
Hi,

No problem, it sounds silly but practising breathing in and out and just concentrating on it really helps me, if you can, I always nip to the bathroom or a room away from everyone, before I have to join the group and just sit for a minute. Also, just telling yourself its fine helps. Plus I guess even if you feel really really anxious its very unlikely that anyone else will realise it. It does get easier the more times you have to do something but just calming yourself before going into a situation does help.

I hope this makes sense! xx
it does thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
60.31%
No (71)
21.85%
Not sure (58)
17.85%

Watched Threads