Combined Science / Triple Science grade equivelant.

Watch
Selkent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We have an exam on Monday and our Science teacher gave us 6 papers and said we need to get a 9-9 equivalent to get a 7 for that science. Does this sound like an accurate conversion?
45 per paper is a 9-9 in combined compared to the Triple average of 53 per paper for a Grade 7.
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No that's not right. A 9 is a 9. However, when you apply for sixth form/ college, they normally want you to get a grade higher than the normal grade entry but it depends on the sixth form/ college
Selkent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
No that's not right. A 9 is a 9. However, when you apply for sixth form/ college, they normally want you to get a grade higher than the normal grade entry but it depends on the sixth form/ college
I got 9,8,7 in the last mock these are just practice papers to do over the holidays she assigned I was wondering if that would work.
I made my own equation
Mark-on-combined*(75/90) = Marks on Triple
^ Then compare this with the grade boundaries of the Triple paper that year
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Selkent)
I got 9,8,7 in the last mock these are just practice papers to do over the holidays she assigned I was wondering if that would work.
I made my own equation
Mark-on-combined*(75/90) = Marks on Triple
^ Then compare this with the grade boundaries of the Triple paper that year
Why don't you use the combined grade boundaries instead???
Selkent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Why don't you use the combined grade boundaries instead???
Combined has less content than Triple
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
But what matters is doing well on the content there is. use the Combined Science grade boundaries. Anything else would be daft.,
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes a bit tbh. i'm sorry but im quite confused to see why it's relevant???
Selkent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Yes a bit tbh. i'm sorry but im quite confused to see why it's relevant???
So you can see the grade you would have received on triple based on those questions alone not including the triple ones as it was a combined paper.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So you can see the grade you would have received on triple based on those questions alone not including the triple ones as it was a combined paper.
But why do you want to know the grade you would've received on triple? Youre doing the combined so your combined grade is more significant
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you were taking triple you'd have studied more stuff and been able to answer more questions so that's not the grade you'd receive. Stop makinglife more complicated: you're doing Combined Science, don't worry about anything else.
Selkent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Compost)
If you were taking triple you'd have studied more stuff and been able to answer more questions so that's not the grade you'd receive. Stop makinglife more complicated: you're doing Combined Science, don't worry about anything else.
No I am doing Tripple.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No I am doing Tripple.
OK, but those were Combined Science exams and so the sensible thing is to use the grade boundaries for those exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads