The Student Room Group

First car -The decision

As I said in a previous chat, I am considering a first car. I am definitely getting something small family sized and around £6500-7000 but.... lemme show you :smile: AETV64941204_1.jpg2015-Ford-Focus-1.0-EcoBoost-European-Spec-front-three-quarter-view-1.jpg the main decision is between these two. Which do you prefer and why: )
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wilaldridge
As I said in a previous chat, I am considering a first car. I am definitely getting something small family sized and around £6500-7000 but.... lemme show you :smile: AETV64941204_1.jpg2015-Ford-Focus-1.0-EcoBoost-European-Spec-front-three-quarter-view-1.jpg the main decision is between these two. Which do you prefer and why: )

i prefer the ford, will hold its value much better than the kia. go for a smaller engine size or you may find yourself burning through petrol which can be annoying.
Reply 2
Original post by ryandee1000
i prefer the ford, will hold its value much better than the kia. go for a smaller engine size or you may find yourself burning through petrol which can be annoying.

Thanks. I like your advice :smile:
Original post by Wilaldridge
Thanks. I like your advice :smile:

no worries mate :smile: had a nightmare with my first car which has honestly put me off driving (luckily i live very inner London where a car is pointless and parking is a pain). do your best to avoid tickets btw
no worries mate :smile: had a nightmare with my first car which has honestly put me off driving (luckily i live very inner London where a car is pointless and parking is a pain). do your best to avoid tickets btw

What happened with your first car?
Original post by Shockwave_
What happened with your first car?

it was a smart car, maintenance was expensive as you needed to go Mercedes. I had so many fines as well. Now theres so many alternatives to Uber and the night tube so getting around is simple.
it was a smart car, maintenance was expensive as you needed to go Mercedes. I had so many fines as well. Now theres so many alternatives to Uber and the night tube so getting around is simple.

Which is an example of why I think you should not be looking to buy a car at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending