What job did you want when you were in school?

Watch
FemaleinDress
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I wanted to be an ICT worker or a shopkeeper.
Charlie....
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
In Primary School I wanted to be either an Architect, Software Programmer, Research Scientist or Self-employed Designer.
In highschool, I'm still quite the same by the fact that I have a large variety of subjects I'm taking just because I still want to keep my options open and I don't know what I'll exactly want to go into. 😅
Cocochdy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Charlie....)
In Primary School I wanted to be either an Architect, Software Programmer, Research Scientist or Self-employed Designer.
In highschool, I'm still quite the same by the fact that I have a large variety of subjects I'm taking just because I still want to keep my options open and I don't know what I'll exactly want to go into. 😅
Those are quite fancy career paths for a primary school student.

I am still in school, wanting to become a writer but enrolling for a biology degree cos I need a stable side-job.
RoisinTewkesbury
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I am one of those people who find everything so interesting so I want to do everything....

When I was in Primary school, probably a doctor/nurse.
Year 7/8: Engineer
Year 9: Teacher (Primary school or history in secondary)
Year 10: Lawyer
Year 11: Forensic Scientist/ Film director

Have always wanted to work as an actor on the West End though.....
Last edited by RoisinTewkesbury; 8 months ago
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
teacher or actor
username4950464
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
in year2, i really wanted to be an artist. in year5, i realised i was shocking at art & that just wouldn’t work out well for me. um, in year9 i decided i wanted to be a teacher & now (year10) i still wanna be a teacher, but have eliminated being a secondary school teacher cos just no 😂
Anonymous.23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I wanted to be an artist when I was in primary school 😭😂 I’ve applied for Physiotherapy at uni and had 2 offers so far so I’ll probably stick with this now haha
Last edited by Anonymous.23; 8 months ago
crusty kebab
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
in primary I wanted to be a footballer or a rich business man, in year7-9 I wanted to be a programmer, in year 10-11 I wanted to be a doctor and now I just want to be rich.
Anonymous778
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’ve wanted to be a doctor my whole life 🥼. And I still want to....
Charlie....
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Cocochdy)
Those are quite fancy career paths for a primary school student.

I am still in school, wanting to become a writer but enrolling for a biology degree cos I need a stable side-job.
Haha I guess so, I was just interested in those things I guess because I saw them in media I interacted with at the time and had seen family in some of those careers.
Also, nice, I love writing myself (specifically short stories/other things but I don't know what you mean) and I really like Biology and have applied for A-level Psychology.
I hope things are going alright for you in your subjects.
Cocochdy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Charlie....)
Haha I guess so, I was just interested in those things I guess because I saw them in media I interacted with at the time and had seen family in some of those careers.
Also, nice, I love writing myself (specifically short stories/other things but I don't know what you mean) and I really like Biology and have applied for A-level Psychology.
I hope things are going alright for you in your subjects.
Things going alright thank you! Hope same goes for you

That's cool, all my family members do boring stuff apart from one who's a secret agent.

By writing, I mean anything - short stories like you, as well as books (further I've gone is 7 chapters). They are mostly children's stories covering dark themes.
hthain14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I always wanted to be a rock star!

Now I'm heading off to uni to study physics of all things.
KingoftheBRUCE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
In Year 2 I decided that space was really cool, and I wanted to be an astrophysicist, though I called it "space scientist" back then.

I'm in Year 13 now and still following that dream, later this year I'll be studying Physics at Uni.
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I wanted to be a dolphin trainer
Nuttyy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Something in healthcare, Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry or Pharmacy.

Studying the first one currently 🦷🦷🦷
Nuttyy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by hthain14)
I always wanted to be a rock star!

Now I'm heading off to uni to study physics of all things.
Loool sounds like Brian Cox's past 😂
skyhope
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
all throughout primary school I really wanted to be a waitress or farmer (all thanks to those simulation games haha). then up until year 12 i wanted to be a computer scientist and now I want to be a doctor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (578)
34.36%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (690)
41.02%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (337)
20.04%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed