~KCL commuters (commute, commuting) thread 2020 ~

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Applicants planning to commute to uni, King's College London starting 2020... worried about commuting? too comfortable at home? or just dont want to move out?
leiamegan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Applicants planning to commute to uni, King's College London starting 2020... worried about commuting? too comfortable at home? or just dont want to move out?
Hiya, I’m thinking of commuting as it’s too expensive for me to stay in accommodation (:
ejtaylor2001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by leiamegan)
Hiya, I’m thinking of commuting as it’s too expensive for me to stay in accommodation (:
hey i agree, i was so worried that i wouldn’t have a good social life or be involved in uni but it’s not true. there’s so many other places to make friends (: what subject did you apply for?
leiamegan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ejtaylor2001)
hey i agree, i was so worried that i wouldn’t have a good social life or be involved in uni but it’s not true. there’s so many other places to make friends (: what subject did you apply for?
That was my worry too! I applied for Children’s nursing, what did you apply for?
Psychsie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I’ll be commuting too. Pretty sure a lot of students in London Unis commute because the prices for accommodation are way too expensive. The uni I’m currently at has a lot of commuters and it doesn’t seem that bad
Psychsie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also, just a thought, depends on how long the commute is. I think mine is going to be like an hour and a half so y’know, happy days 😂
leiamegan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Psychsie)
Also, just a thought, depends on how long the commute is. I think mine is going to be like an hour and a half so y’know, happy days 😂
mines about an hour but i’d rather commute than live away (which costs way more) and then still have to commute 40ish mins to campus x
Psychsie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by leiamegan)
mines about an hour but i’d rather commute than live away (which costs way more) and then still have to commute 40ish mins to campus x
That’s very true. Keep thinking living in halls at KCL is like here where it’s like a 5 min walk. I’ll be at the Denmark Hill Campus so it’s little bit more out the way as well.

But anyway, my friend commuted 2 hours to KCL last year so it’s doable and if yours is an hour then that should be totally fine!
ejtaylor2001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i’m applying for international management but i live less than mins from campus so seems pointless...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
73.33%
No (4)
13.33%
Not sure (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed