Dean Addison
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok this might be a little long winded in the end but bare with me!

I was at University at Sheffield Hallam on their photography course in 2011 i think, but after the first year due to personal reasons i had to restart the course closer to home at Grimsby Institute, from year 1.

After the 3 years there i didnt manage to pass my third year, my third year was an absolute mess with mental health which actually turned out to be a tumour growing in my neck, effecting my thyroid and thus effecting everything else to do with hormones, i was having a horrific time, it took almost 3 years for it to get diagnosed and removed (im much better now)

My question is through compelling circumstances is it possible to re-enroll at either Lincoln or Grimsby (if they are still running the course) to top up my HND to a degree?

I think i can get medical evidence that my mental break in the 3rd year was caused by an underlying problem that i had no clue that i had at the time, i thought i was just a nutter butter who couldnt hack it.

I spoke to an SFE advisor at a Lincoln University open day and she suggested that i might be able to return under compelling personal reasons and finally get my degree.

I wonder if you could shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Dean
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dean Addison)

I was at University at Sheffield Hallam on their photography course in 2011 i think, but after the first year due to personal reasons i had to restart the course closer to home at Grimsby Institute, from year 1.

After the 3 years there i didnt manage to pass my third year, my third year was an absolute mess with mental health which actually turned out to be a tumour growing in my neck, effecting my thyroid and thus effecting everything else to do with hormones, i was having a horrific time, it took almost 3 years for it to get diagnosed and removed (im much better now)

My question is through compelling circumstances is it possible to re-enroll at either Lincoln or Grimsby (if they are still running the course) to top up my HND to a degree?

I think i can get medical evidence that my mental break in the 3rd year was caused by an underlying problem that i had no clue that i had at the time, i thought i was just a nutter butter who couldnt hack it.

I spoke to an SFE advisor at a Lincoln University open day and she suggested that i might be able to return under compelling personal reasons and finally get my degree.

Thanks!

Dean
Hi Dean,

If you are able to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can check your account, this will allow us to confirm what funding you would be eligible for.

Thanks, Erin
Dean Addison
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi Dean,

If you are able to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can check your account, this will allow us to confirm what funding you would be eligible for.

Thanks, Erin
Thankyou, ive sent a message on Facebook!
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Dean,

We do still run a Photography course. We recommend you contact our Admissions Team via 01522 886097 or [email protected], and they will be more than happy to help.

We hope you get everything sorted and are able to get your degree!

Daisy
Dean Addison
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Lincoln)
Hi Dean,

We do still run a Photography course. We recommend you contact our Admissions Team via 01522 886097 or [email protected], and they will be more than happy to help.

We hope you get everything sorted and are able to get your degree!

Daisy
Thank You daisy! ill send an email over now!
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dean Addison)

Thanks!

Dean
Hi Dean,

I'm sorry that you were unable to complete your degree at Hallam and I am glad you find yourself in much better circumstances now! If you are considering returning to university to finish your degree it may be worth speaking to our admissions team too. You can email them on [email protected] or give them a call on 0114 225 5533.

Good luck with your journey back to higher education!
- Ella
Dean Addison
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks for all the replies guys! im due to talk to my doctor today about getting a letter written to hopefully provide evidence to student finance of my predicament, ive received an email yesterday from Lincoln stating I can only start there from year 2, I am basically looking to top up my HND to a full degree, is that a different type of course or is it with the third year students currently studying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads