The Student Room Group

GCSE History Structure?

I have to write a answer to the question:
Write a narrative account analysing the key events of the Berlin Crisis, 1948–49. (8)

You may use the following in your answer:
Stalin’s fears
the Airlift

I was just wondering... How do I structure it?
For me, I thought about a main event that could be linked to other events. So i would start wih an event then talk about the consequences that led to it and then how those consequences led to another event then repeat so it flows like story
you can use both of the given topics but you need to use at least one of your own, choose three sub events in the main events narrative. it can be three of your own or one of your own, it just needs to be three and one of your own at least (you can do more evnts if u want)

in a narrative description is important so your gonna need statistics and key information about each event also :
the events DONT have to be in order
you must interpret the causation and consequence of the events as paper 2 tests your causation and consequence skills

so

EVENT 1
•description
Stats/key info
•analysis
... link nicely with the next event

repeat this until your third event and finish nicely

when i use the word "nicely" it means to not be blunt with your writing. foreshadow future events, i got a grade 9 in history and a common phrase i used was : this could cause or create turbulence/ problems/ impediments for the future as we know, if you are using this in between events specify the "problem" and then go into your statistics and key info, and in the following sentence do some analysis (say why YOU thinks happened the way they did, a tip i used was looking at the emotional responses from leaders for example)
and at the end conclude with this foreshadows the start of deteriorating realationship between powers (for example- just say generally what the narrative/last event tells us for the future)

remember to use time connectives as they are really important and check your grammar.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by hustlr
you can use both of the given topics but you need to use at least one of your own, choose three sub events in the main events narrative. it can be three of your own or one of your own, it just needs to be three and one of your own at least (you can do more evnts if u want)

in a narrative description is important so your gonna need statistics and key information about each event also :
the events DONT have to be in order
you must interpret the causation and consequence of the events as paper 2 tests your causation and consequence skills

so

EVENT 1
•description
Stats/key info
•analysis
... link nicely with the next event

repeat this until your third event and finish nicely

when i use the word "nicely" it means to not be blunt with your writing. foreshadow future events, i got a grade 9 in history and a common phrase i used was : this could cause or create turbulence/ problems/ impediments for the future as we know, if you are using this in between events specify the "problem" and then go into your statistics and key info, and in the following sentence do some analysis (say why YOU thinks happened the way they did, a tip i used was looking at the emotional responses from leaders for example)
and at the end conclude with this foreshadows the start of deteriorating realationship between powers (for example- just say generally what the narrative/last event tells us for the future)

remember to use time connectives as they are really important and check your grammar.

Original post by PetitePanda
For me, I thought about a main event that could be linked to other events. So i would start wih an event then talk about the consequences that led to it and then how those consequences led to another event then repeat so it flows like story

Thank you to you both! Both your responses were really insightful as well as helpful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest