Ana1234567
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my mum hit my nose, she pulls my hair and pokes and pushes me and mys sisters but doesnt properly hit us. She is also emotionally damaging. My dad doesn't get involved much and is probably too scared of splitting the family apart to do anything, but me and my sister are struggling to cope. I would feel guilty f she got into actual trouble, and I wouldnt knw who to go to anyway, what do we do?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old are you? Your dad really should step in, have you told him how much it bothers you?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ana1234567)
my mum hit my nose, she pulls my hair and pokes and pushes me and mys sisters but doesnt properly hit us. She is also emotionally damaging. My dad doesn't get involved much and is probably too scared of splitting the family apart to do anything, but me and my sister are struggling to cope. I would feel guilty f she got into actual trouble, and I wouldnt knw who to go to anyway, what do we do?
hiya,
even if she doesn't hit you, this is still forms of abuse and it's not safe to not do something about this. i'd suggest telling your dad first, or maybe a teacher who you trust?
sam72016
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I strongly recommend having a 1:1 conversation with her about what she does. She might not realise the impact it has on you and your siblings when she does it in the moment of anger, and she might forget about what she done later on, so it's a good idea to sit down with her when she's calm, understanding the issues both sides have.
Ana1234567
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThomH97)
How old are you? Your dad really should step in, have you told him how much it bothers you?
Im nearly 17, ive spoken to my dad and messaged hima bout it and he sometimes has arguments woth my mum about it but he doesnt really get involved and he is at work a lot anyway so doesnt witness what hapens
Ana1234567
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
hiya,
even if she doesn't hit you, this is still forms of abuse and it's not safe to not do something about this. i'd suggest telling your dad first, or maybe a teacher who you trust?
I've spoen to my dad about it, he seems really reluctant to even acknowledge it, and i feel like if i speak to a teacher it mught be blown out of proportion and will have a huge imoact on my family, especially my mum as i dont know what would happen if i spoke to someone at school abou tit
Ana1234567
Rep:
?
(Original post by sam72016)
I strongly recommend having a 1:1 conversation with her about what she does. She might not realise the impact it has on you and your siblings when she does it in the moment of anger, and she might forget about what she done later on, so it's a good idea to sit down with her when she's calm, understanding the issues both sides have.
She gets very mad when any of us try to bring it up. She says we are gangin up on her and starts guit tripping all of us and basicaly sayin it is our fault and we have pushed her to it
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ana1234567)
She gets very mad when any of us try to bring it up. She says we are gangin up on her and starts guit tripping all of us and basicaly sayin it is our fault and we have pushed her to it
i would still recommend speaking to a teacher about this, i think this sounds the right level of serious for it to be considered; it clearly sounds like you're being emotionally manipulated to believe that it's your fault. i hope i don't sound pushy in any way but this does sound like a cause for concern
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do the same to her, just don't hurt her or anything, very gently tap her nose, lightly tug her hair and poke her with non aggressive force. but don't push her, that may be too much.
SoftyS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i would still recommend speaking to a teacher about this, i think this sounds the right level of serious for it to be considered; it clearly sounds like you're being emotionally manipulated to believe that it's your fault. i hope i don't sound pushy in any way but this does sound like a cause for concern
Yeah, I would agree, speak to a trusted teacher first or maybe even a friend you can trust and if it carries on or gets out of hand, you should call childline or once your 18, move out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (159)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my education (164)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (96)
9.49%
Isolating with family (70)
6.92%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (37)
3.66%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (89)
8.79%
Loneliness (100)
9.88%
Financial worries (45)
4.45%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (92)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (71)
7.02%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (89)
8.79%

Watched Threads