Which is the best institution to do my GDL Part Time Online?

Watch
litterbugkid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Bearing in mind should be max 2.5hrs travel time either by car or train from London (if required to go in) and I'd like for the institution to have some sort of prestige in order to get a good job, etc..

Thanks for the help
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you looking for an online part time GDL course that is completed over 20-24 months?
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by litterbugkid)
Bearing in mind should be max 2.5hrs travel time either by car or train from London (if required to go in) and I'd like for the institution to have some sort of prestige in order to get a good job, etc..

Thanks for the help
Hi,

The University of Law offers an online GDL which you can also choose to study part time, either a September start which last 21 months or a January start which last 24 months. ULaw has many campuses all across the UK, there are two in London (Bloomsbury and Moorgate) which you can easily access should you need to. If you want to know more about the course our website (law.ac.uk) does have plenty of information, or you could book to attend any of GDL our open days.

ULaw has a great reputation with employers, and many city firms require their incoming trainees to study their GDL and LPC here. ULaw has a fantastic employability service that combines careers and pro bono, helping you to arrange work experience as well as supporting you with job applications.

Hope this was helpful, please let me know any further questions!

Jess
Student Ambassador, Leeds Campus
litterbugkid
Rep:
?
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hi,

The University of Law offers an online GDL which you can also choose to study part time, either a September start which last 21 months or a January start which last 24 months. ULaw has many campuses all across the UK, there are two in London (Bloomsbury and Moorgate) which you can easily access should you need to. If you want to know more about the course our website (law.ac.uk) does have plenty of information, or you could book to attend any of GDL our open days.

ULaw has a great reputation with employers, and many city firms require their incoming trainees to study their GDL and LPC here. ULaw has a fantastic employability service that combines careers and pro bono, helping you to arrange work experience as well as supporting you with job applications.

Hope this was helpful, please let me know any further questions!

Jess
Student Ambassador, Leeds Campus
Thanks Jess..
Do you have any tips for the ULaw Personal Statement?
litterbugkid
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Are you looking for an online part time GDL course that is completed over 20-24 months?
Yes exactly!
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by litterbugkid)
Thanks Jess..
Do you have any tips for the ULaw Personal Statement?
As you're coming from a non-law degree, the personal statement is where you can show why you're interested in law, and passionate about pursuing a career in it - what motivates you to make this conversion?

Start by explaining about yourself and how you've come to be interested in a career in law, whether you have any experience that sparked your interest, or whatever it might be. Maybe something cropped up during your undergraduate degree that made you consider law. You can then talk about where you want to be, what kind of lawyer, what areas particularly interest you right now. What it is that interests you about law? Have there been any developments recently that you find interesting, eg increasing use of AI.

ULaw is very big on the practical side of the law, rather than the purely academic. All the tutors all have years of experience working as lawyers, some are still in practice - they are not the typical academic lecturers like you might find at other unis. As such, try to convey your interest in law as being centred on a career in law, rather than an academic pursuit. I would definitely draw attention to what skills you have, how you've displayed them, and why you think they will be essential in a career in law. Think about working in a law firm, what practical experience and skills can you draw on that you can see yourself utilising on a daily basis? Time-management, heavy workload, leadership and teamwork etc. These are all relevant and you need to go through your CV and think where have I displayed these skills.

I hope this was helpful

Jess
17Student17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
On prestige, University of Law is very good as said above. I believe BPP take more City law firm trainees than UoL actually but happy to be corrected. However it will not really matter too much as it is first university's status that matters for the undergraduate work. See also https://www.legalcheek.com/2018/08/i...d-i-do-my-gdl/ and https://www.rollonfriday.com/news-co...its-sqe-course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads