Natwest student account

Watch
dyna92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys I just wanted to confirm something. I applied for a natwest student account after having a talk with them at the branch and I currently have a student account with halifax but I wanted to open one with natwest and I spoke to both banks they said there would be no conflict or issue. I can try apply see if it proceeds or rejects, however I recieved an email from natwest saying finish your application but it comes down to "foundation account. I am sure I applied for a student account so what does foundation account got to do with it? Or is foundation account the first step to student accound ? Please I need some quick replies to finish the application or not. Thank you.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dyna92)
Hello guys I just wanted to confirm something. I applied for a natwest student account after having a talk with them at the branch and I currently have a student account with halifax but I wanted to open one with natwest and I spoke to both banks they said there would be no conflict or issue. I can try apply see if it proceeds or rejects, however I recieved an email from natwest saying finish your application but it comes down to "foundation account. I am sure I applied for a student account so what does foundation account got to do with it? Or is foundation account the first step to student accound ? Please I need some quick replies to finish the application or not. Thank you.
Foundation account seems to be just a basic account and not a student account i.e with overdraft.
https://personal.natwest.com/persona...n_account.html
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dyna92)
The foundation account is a basic account (no borrowing facilities or chequebook). It's designed for people who don't qualify for a standard bank account (which a student account is), usually because of a poor or non-existent credit history. NatWest will proceed with a standard application and, if you're not eligible, automatically offer you the basic account instead. This is what has happened here, I think.

Do you know why you wouldn't qualify for a normal standard current account? It might be worth getting a copy of your credit file from the three CRAs if not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (28)
35.44%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
29.11%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (9)
11.39%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (6)
7.59%

Watched Threads