The Student Room Group

Gcse triple sceince/foundation

I want to know if (for my GCSES) i could do 2 higher papered gcses for physics and biology and one foundation paper for chemistry as i do triple sceince.HELP
Original post by mawa2018
I want to know if (for my GCSES) i could do 2 higher papered gcses for physics and biology and one foundation paper for chemistry as i do triple sceince.HELP

No you can't. You have to either do all foundation OR all higher.
Reply 2
Just do all higher. Just revise and you should get at least a 5.
Original post by mawa2018

No and i'd HIGHLY recommend do combined higher as opposed to triple foundation if you can (for combined higher your still more "complex" content but the grade boundaries are lower and you can get up to a grade 9! For triple foundation you still learn extra content but you can only get a grade 5 and the grade boundaries are higher etc)
Original post by _ap12
Just do all higher. Just revise and you should get at least a 5.

I agree OP ( @mawa2018) is there any reason why you chose not to do combined higher?
Reply 5
Our school didn’t even let us get a chance to decide what we wanted.
Reply 6
If you are doing Combined Science (the double GCSE) then all the exams have to be at the same tier.

If you are doing separate Sciences (3 separate GCSEs) then, as they are completely separate GCSEs, they don't have to be all the same tier.
Original post by Compost
If you are doing Combined Science (the double GCSE) then all the exams have to be at the same tier.

If you are doing separate Sciences (3 separate GCSEs) then, as they are completely separate GCSEs, they don't have to be all the same tier.

Since when do they not have to be the same tier?!?!
Reply 8
Original post by 1st superstar

They never have. They are completely separate GCSEs so you don't have to take them all and they don't have to be the same tier. Higher Tier Physics and Chemistry Foundation with no Biology would be completely legitimate.

Yeah... in my school, some people don’t even do all three sciences. They’ll just pick the ones they like. :dontknow:
Original post by _Mia101
Yeah... in my school, some people don’t even do all three sciences. They’ll just pick the ones they like. :dontknow:

Yeah cause I think that legally you only need to do 2

I don’t know about that... some people only do physics. Before year 10 though I always thought that you either did triple or combined.

There's no legal requirement to do any. The way league tables are calculated creates a big incentive on schools to get students to do Combined Science or all 3 Sciences but there is no legal requirement for anyone to do any GCSEs.
Original post by _Mia101
I don’t know about that... some people only do physics. Before year 10 though I always thought that you either did triple or combined.

Original post by Compost
There's no legal requirement to do any. The way league tables are calculated creates a big incentive on schools to get students to do Combined Science or all 3 Sciences but there is no legal requirement for anyone to do any GCSEs.

I see guess that my science teachers are wrong then
you can, my mates did

Quick Reply

Latest