A-level Edexcel English Literature 2020

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
15Fung
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I couldn't find an edexcel english lit forum for 2020 so I made one.

My course:

Poetry - Poems of the Decade and Keats
Prose - The Little Stranger and The Picture of Dorian Gray
Drama - A Streetcar Named Desire and Othello

Evil Homer
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 15Fung)

My course:

Evil Homer
Hey!

Thanks for tagging me in this Will add it to the main list now

How are you finding the dramas you are studying? I did A Streetcar Named Desire so would be interested in what you think of it?
15Fung
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hey!

Thanks for tagging me in this Will add it to the main list now

How are you finding the dramas you are studying? I did A Streetcar Named Desire so would be interested in what you think of it?
i enjoyed Streetcar a lot but i'm not sure about Othello, mostly because i need to include critics and i always found that challenging even in my coursework (which i did on 20th century american literature - Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye).
jelly_beaned
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hey guys!
poetry: chaucer wife of bath and poems of the decade anthology
prose: heart of darkness and a passage to india
drama: duchess of malfi + othello
hollyj20
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jelly_beaned)
hey guys!
poetry: chaucer wife of bath and poems of the decade anthology
prose: heart of darkness and a passage to india
drama: duchess of malfi + othello
someone else who does Heart of Darkness!
what are you doing to revise the text i find Conrads work so difficult to analyse and understand
Fartunf
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I do
Poetry: poems of the decade and christina Rossetti
Prose: wuthering heights and a thousand splendid suns
drama - streetcar named desire and Othello

With that said does anyone have any notes or resources for othello and/or wuthering heights??
jelly_beaned
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hollyj20)
someone else who does Heart of Darkness!
what are you doing to revise the text i find Conrads work so difficult to analyse and understand
OMG i thought i was alone!
personally i have done essay plans for each theme / character / past title and a table of comaprisons between my two books ( have been doing this all since y13 started cause its ALOT lol) i have been doing timed essays for prose and getting my teacher to mark them too.
what do u do?
sweettooth54
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hi guys anyone doing the 28 poems and has the january 2020 paper
ali.yeah
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
could u tell us what came for the keats section?
senzinoo
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ali.yeah)
could u tell us what came for the keats section?
following !!
sirine09
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What was the question for Hamlet?
GrapesSanitize
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
anyone know what the unseen on poems of the decade was for the 2020 august resits? thanks !!
saimax
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 15Fung)

My course:

Evil Homer
Hey do you mind telling me what the question was for the prose and keats, would be a massive help!
leojmcfaul
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by saimax)
Hey do you mind telling me what the question was for the prose and keats, would be a massive help!
idk keats but for prose , i did the question on roles in society , think there was also one on symbolism
BigShaq6969
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know what the 2020 Question was for Othello?
Also, for poetry (the Romantic Poets), the 2019 paper was on:
1) The ways in which human nature is presented in Holy Thursday- William Blake.
2) Contemplation (personal reflection) I believe for On This Day I Complete My Thirty Sixth Year'- Byron.
2020 Paper: Poetry-
1) How is the power of Nature presented in 'Lines Composed in Tintern abbey'- one could compare it to 'The Cold Earth Slept Below' to juxtapose the beauty of Nature in 'Tintern Abbey' and compare it to the darkness of Nature in 'The Cold Earth Slept Below'.
2) How is the individual (or ideas of the individual/power of the individual) explored in 'Stanzas Written in Dejection Near Naples'.
My teacher told us the questions so we could practice them, so these deffo won't appear in my exam.
However, I hope they do for you.
Have a nice day.
Kind Regards,
BigShaq6969.
Last edited by BigShaq6969; 1 year ago
boonka
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BigShaq6969)
Does anyone know what the 2020 Question was for Othello?
Also, for poetry (the Romantic Poets), the 2019 paper was on:
1) The ways in which human nature is presented in Holy Thursday- William Blake.
2) Contemplation (personal reflection) I believe for On This Day I Complete My Thirty Sixth Year'- Byron.
2020 Paper: Poetry-
1) How is the power of Nature presented in 'Lines Composed in Tintern abbey'- one could compare it to 'The Cold Earth Slept Below' to juxtapose the beauty of Nature in 'Tintern Abbey' and compare it to the darkness of Nature in 'The Cold Earth Slept Below'.
2) How is the individual (or ideas of the individual/power of the individual) explored in 'Stanzas Written in Dejection Near Naples'.
My teacher told us the questions so we could practice them, so these deffo won't appear in my exam.
However, I hope they do for you.
Have a nice day.
Kind Regards,
BigShaq6969.
Ive heard othello 2020 questio is honour and imagery - do you know what the Keats question was?
BigShaq6969
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by boonka)
Ive heard othello 2020 questio is honour and imagery - do you know what the Keats question was?
Are you sure that's for Edexcel English Literature, not AQA (the 2020 question being supposedly about honour and imagery/honour and Iago)?
P.S. What do you mean by 'Keats'?
Keats is one of the Romantic Poets I study but I don't think Keats came up as a named poem for 2019 or 2020. Don't quote me on that.
I'm not sure, maybe there are different sections of the Romantic Poets that I don't do.
Kind Regards,
Gurdit Dosanjh.
GrapesSanitize
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BigShaq6969)
Are you sure that's for Edexcel English Literature, not AQA (the 2020 question being supposedly about honour and imagery/honour and Iago)?
P.S. What do you mean by 'Keats'?
Keats is one of the Romantic Poets I study but I don't think Keats came up as a named poem for 2019 or 2020. Don't quote me on that.
I'm not sure, maybe there are different sections of the Romantic Poets that I don't do.
Kind Regards,
Gurdit Dosanjh.
Edexcel was emilia and reputation, does anyone know 2020 Rossetti for Edexal ???
BigShaq6969
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GrapesSanitize)
Edexcel was emilia and reputation, does anyone know 2020 Rossetti for Edexal ???
Thank you so much for telling me.
I hope my teacher uses the 2020 paper.
Kind Regards,
BigShaq6969.
susan_x1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Heyy,
does anyone know the 24 markers for GCSE English literature unseen poetry 2021?
Will be much appreciated.
Last edited by susan_x1; 1 year ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
29.33%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (27)
36%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (6)
8%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.33%
I’m starting to consider my university options (10)
13.33%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.67%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.33%

Watched Threads