The Student Room Group

Mental Health during exam period

How does everyone manage their stress during exam periods? I know these are only mock exams at the moment but I am still anxious about my exams, especially as my past mocks didn' go well as anticipated... help
(edited 4 years ago)
My teacher taught us a technique where before opening the paper, close your eyes, imagine the exam going really well, take a deep breath and open it. That helped me a lot.
When you start to panic, just take a deep breath and write all the things you’re panicking about down. Then come up with solutions.
Make sure you have a switch off after revision or else your life will revolve around revision and you’ll panic
Don’t over-revise! That was a mistake I made in the past and I’d revise so much I’d panic, if you do no more than 5 hours a day, you’ll be fine.
Good luck, hope you do really well!!
Original post by abbie_laurenx
My teacher taught us a technique where before opening the paper, close your eyes, imagine the exam going really well, take a deep breath and open it. That helped me a lot.
When you start to panic, just take a deep breath and write all the things you’re panicking about down. Then come up with solutions.
Make sure you have a switch off after revision or else your life will revolve around revision and you’ll panic
Don’t over-revise! That was a mistake I made in the past and I’d revise so much I’d panic, if you do no more than 5 hours a day, you’ll be fine.

Thank you so much, I will be defo using this in my exams next week and during revision from now on x
Original post by abbie_laurenx

I had a random pop up English lit exam today and tried this out, helped me a lot, very grateful for this advice!! :smile:
Original post by mykhanhwright
I had a random pop up English lit exam today and tried this out, helped me a lot, very grateful for this advice!! :smile:

No problem!

Quick Reply

Latest