Newcastle Asylum Decision Makers job

Watch this thread
T_n95
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, has anyone else applied for the the home office job in Newcastle?
Sctorch
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I applied for Newcastle as well as the earlier vacancies in Leeds and Glasgow. Have been invited for the assessment centre in Glasgow.
T_n95
Rep:
Good luck, hope it goes well. The end date for Newcastle one is today so hoping to hear from them next week 🤞🏼
T_n95
Rep:
How long did they take to get back to you?
Sctorch
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I heard back not quite four weeks after closing date.... They had to delay the assessment centre a week so that may happen with Newcastle as well.
T_n95
Rep:
Oh wow, thanks... I would have waited anxiously otherwise
username2758940
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by T_n95)
Good luck, hope it goes well. The end date for Newcastle one is today so hoping to hear from them next week 🤞🏼
A week for a civil service job? I applied for my DM role in Feb 2019. Was interviewed in April and started in September. It may be a long wait
T_n95
Rep:
Which office are you based in?
username2758940
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Belfast
Benb2k
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I applied for the one in Leeds end of Jan and have been invited to the assessment center next week. I do not suppose anyone has any experience or guidance on the 75 minute written test and if successful, the interview following?
Musthe
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hey I passed the interview in Leeds on Thursday.
Musthe
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
They told everyone on the day didn't they? So did you pass?
Benb2k
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Musthe)
Hey I passed the interview in Leeds on Thursday.
Well done that is great. Unfortunately I didn't get past the written exam. My first time doing one and struggled to be honest.
Hoping to get some feedback from them on it so I can take that into future ones.
Musthe
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Benb2k)
Well done that is great. Unfortunately I didn't get past the written exam. My first time doing one and struggled to be honest.
Hoping to get some feedback from them on it so I can take that into future ones.
Yeah the next one is yours man!
Don't stop trying!
T_n95
Rep:
(Original post by Musthe)
Yeah the next one is yours man!
Don't stop trying!
Hey, any tips for assessment and interview?
Musthe
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by T_n95)
Hey, any tips for assessment and interview?
Yeah I'd say, know your competencies inside and out for both. If you know your competencies, when it comes to the assessment, you will know how to frame the answers to the question so it meets those competencies.
Then you should be fine
T_n95
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Congratulations
Ckande22
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by T_n95)
Hey, has anyone else applied for the the home office job in Newcastle?
🙋*♀️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads