pancakekreps
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys, I have my GCSEs in just a few months. I have a problem though, I just cant revise. I try but nothing goes in or I just get distracted. What can I do?
Nadd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How do you usually revise? Trying to retain information isn’t the same for everyone, in terms of the methods they use.

Try watching videos if it’s science for example, flash cards, different environments eg library, coffee shop, bedroom etc, take breaks regularly, type into google “different ways to revise”, also try BBC bite size they really help!

Good luck!
Nadd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also, try eradicating any distractions eg your phone, turn it off during the time of your revision, revise alone instead of with peers, don’t listen to music during revision time, get a tutor maybe or ask for extra classes in school
hxdzz_m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
effective revision method tips:
-Make flashcards on quizlet
-Create note templates , create a sheet with all the information and a sheet with just the heading and then five minutes look at the sheet, then dedicate five minutes without looking at the notes trying to fit in as much as you remember
-Exam questions - PhysicsandMathstutor have some GCSE ones, chemsheets is good (need to buy a subscription tho)
-Teach a friend, so for 3 minutes straight talk about that topic and see if you know anything about it
-You play a game with your friends where you can "buzz" in the right answer (kinda make it a competition)
-You can use weird pneumonics and acronyms to memorise the starting of concepts (for example to remember the phases of mitosis International (Interphase) Prostitutes (Prophase) Meet (Metaphase) At (anaphase) Trafaglar (Telophase)

This is what I use

Hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (97)
61.78%
No (60)
38.22%

Watched Threads