Hollywood bowl job offer but no start time

Watch
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Right, so it says my employment is effective from 28th February. I’m guessing that means my first day is on 28th February, but it doesn’t state what time I start? I find that rather unprofessional and slack like tbh, not happy about that but should I ring them about it? Also what about my uniform?

Cheers ppl
Arsenalbro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whats ur pay
Mines £12.89 per hour
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arsenalbro)
Whats ur pay
Mines £12.89 per hour
£6.15/hour but I’m 19 that’s why, a sh**ty minimum wage. Only gonna be there for like a month and I’ll join the army. I ain’t even started yet but I’m dreading it already tbh. I regret not choosing Greggs offer instead - better pay, more professional etc.
LasMariposas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BTS_ARMY_XOXO)
Right, so it says my employment is effective from 28th February. I’m guessing that means my first day is on 28th February, but it doesn’t state what time I start? I find that rather unprofessional and slack like tbh, not happy about that but should I ring them about it? Also what about my uniform?

Cheers ppl
I don't have experience with them personally but I would definitely phone and check, it's better to be safe than sorry and you don't want to be late/wrongly dressed on your first day.
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
(Original post by LasMariposas)
I don't have experience with them personally but I would definitely phone and check, it's better to be safe than sorry and you don't want to be late/wrongly dressed on your first day.
Yeah i guess I’ll have to do that but tbh it’s their responsibility to ensure I know everything before starting and that includes queries about uniform and what date/time I start. If they did that maybe I wouldn’t have to go through this hassle. But thanks.
Arsenalbro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If ur there for month who cares lool
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arsenalbro)
If ur there for month who cares lool
If you have nothing better to say then hop off my thread mate. Also don’t privately message me saying army girls turn you on, I literally don’t care and have reported you
Pharyngotympanic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How much notice do you need to give before you leave?
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pharyngotympanic)
How much notice do you need to give before you leave?
I ain’t worked there yet, it says my employment at Hollywood bowl is effective from tomorrow but I ain’t even got a start time yet. I called the place and a lady picked up saying I’ll get email about it today? Idk
LasMariposas
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I ain’t worked there yet, it says my employment at Hollywood bowl is effective from tomorrow but I ain’t even got a start time yet. I called the place and a lady picked up saying I’ll get email about it today? Idk
I hope they get in touch soon, that does sound like a hassle. It probably makes you look better anyway that you've shown some initiative in asking rather than waiting to be told.
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
(Original post by LasMariposas)
I hope they get in touch soon, that does sound like a hassle. It probably makes you look better anyway that you've shown some initiative in asking rather than waiting to be told.
Yes I’ve called them and now they email me after I ask them on the phone. What a bunch of unprofessional slacking pr*cks smh
LasMariposas
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I’ve called them and now they email me after I ask them on the phone. What a bunch of unprofessional slacking pr*cks smh
Have they emailed now? I'm glad if they have. Good luck with your new job!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (177)
15.27%
Uncertainty around my education (192)
16.57%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (113)
9.75%
Isolating with family (79)
6.82%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (44)
3.8%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (99)
8.54%
Loneliness (113)
9.75%
Financial worries (51)
4.4%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (108)
9.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (84)
7.25%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (99)
8.54%

Watched Threads