JaySee16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know the linux commands to use in HQ L6 C3? If anyone needs it I can help with any challenge before that. Also, I tried "sudo apt-get openssh-server ii." and it wouldn't let me type in the password.
Edit: Please... :'(
Last edited by JaySee16; 1 week ago
notadocter
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know if you're still stuck with this but when you're typing the password and it's not showing- you are actually typing something. linux terminal is just hiding the letters (kind of like when you write a password and it replaces the letters with the dots).
JaySee16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by notadocter)
I don't know if you're still stuck with this but when you're typing the password and it's not showing- you are actually typing something. linux terminal is just hiding the letters (kind of like when you write a password and it replaces the letters with the dots).
Whenever I type it and hit enter it says it's wrong, but I know I'm typing it right.
notadocter
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JaySee16)
Whenever I type it and hit enter it says it's wrong, but I know I'm typing it right.
yeah I've had that before- I have really bad eyes for these things. If it says you're wrong maybe wait an hour and the password restarts again. If you need further help after that I could give you some dw
RobbeD
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah I've had that before- I have really bad eyes for these things. If it says you're wrong maybe wait an hour and the password restarts again. If you need further help after that I could give you some dw
What level are you currently on?
notadocter
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RobbeD)
What level are you currently on?
70%, you?
RobbeD
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
70%, you?
Only like 40% on the game
Not doing too bad, slowly grinding through it - how about on the essentials?
notadocter
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oh I hardly care for the essentials-- there's like a million of them and I genuinely don't want to spend my time on it when the game is more important. I'm on 13% I think haha. As for helping you grind it down better, maybe make a time plan? I reckon if you do 2% a day you'll finish it easy
notadocter
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey wait- as you can probably tell I'm really bad at replying on here. Do you have something like discord that I can add you to? We can probably help eachother through there rather than this??
RobbeD
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oh I hardly care for the essentials-- there's like a million of them and I genuinely don't want to spend my time on it when the game is more important. I'm on 13% I think haha. As for helping you grind it down better, maybe make a time plan? I reckon if you do 2% a day you'll finish it easy
Yeah, that's what I figured, a module a day would make me complete it with about 20 days spare so I should be good.

I've PMed you my Discord, here is pretty clunky
JaySee16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey what command did you guys put in where it let you enter the password?
notadocter
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oh basically you've managed to do the first bit right? with the [email protected] -p (whatever the port is)
when it asks you to input the password, you just do that and enter when you finish! you can't see it, but you are actually writing something (remember though, it's case sensitive so pay attention to the numbers and capitals)
JaySee16
Rep:
?
It worked, but I'm sure that's what I'd been doing... anyway, is the file this motd.legal-displayed thing? Because that's the only one I can find, and I don't know how to open it lol
RobbeD
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It worked, but I'm sure that's what I'd been doing... anyway, is the file this motd.legal-displayed thing? Because that's the only one I can find, and I don't know how to open it lol
I don't want to give to much away.
But .. and ... are directories as well
notadocter
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't want to give to much away.
But .. and ... are directories as well
as for opening files all you need to do is type
cd /(whatever)
RobbeD
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
as for opening files all you need to do is type
cd /(whatever
Is grep needed for the SSH challenge in 8.7(or something like that maybe 8.6)
JaySee16
Rep:
?
But it's not a directory... and cd opens directories, cat opens files but not this one fsr
RobbeD
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But it's not a directory... and cd opens directories, cat opens files but not this one fsr
Are you on Discord, it's easier to talk on than here
JaySee16
Rep:
?
Are you on Discord, it's easier to talk on than here
yeah, I'm "TFB" on discord
notadocter
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah, I'm "TFB" on discord
might needa add the # at the end of that or no one can add you lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.17%
No (574)
65.83%

Watched Threads