ahj.03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was offered a job as a Trading Assistant at Sainsbury’s and I have my induction this Saturday. What does it consist of and does it last the whole shift (12-8)?

Also, how would you find out what you’d be doing on your shift each day?

And is there a means of storing your stuff in lockers or something while working? I plan to bring my stuff in a bag regularly.

Cheers, all answers appreciated
Last edited by ahj.03; 4 weeks ago
Emree
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey,
I've been working as a trading assistant for 8 months now and have recently handed in my notice. The induction is just a series of online learning and answering a questionnaire on what you've read, it takes a good few hours. After this you'll just be on the shop floor. My first night I wasn't given any training or allowed to work with anyone, I hope you have a decent manager because half of them are rude and don't care about you.
There are lockers but good luck getting a key, theres hooks in the locker room or you can just leave your bag in the canteen.
Hope this helps!
ahj.03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emree)
Hey,
I've been working as a trading assistant for 8 months now and have recently handed in my notice. The induction is just a series of online learning and answering a questionnaire on what you've read, it takes a good few hours. After this you'll just be on the shop floor. My first night I wasn't given any training or allowed to work with anyone, I hope you have a decent manager because half of them are rude and don't care about you.
There are lockers but good luck getting a key, theres hooks in the locker room or you can just leave your bag in the canteen.
Hope this helps!
Thanks! I hope I have a good manager as well, the guy who interviewed me was really nice but my line manager is different and haven’t met him yet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (33)
50.77%
No, they should still go ahead (15)
23.08%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (17)
26.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed