ahj.03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was offered a job as a Trading Assistant at Sainsbury’s and I have my induction this Saturday. What does it consist of and does it last the whole shift (12-8)?

Also, how would you find out what you’d be doing on your shift each day?

And is there a means of storing your stuff in lockers or something while working? I plan to bring my stuff in a bag regularly.

Cheers, all answers appreciated
Last edited by ahj.03; 1 year ago
Emree
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,
I've been working as a trading assistant for 8 months now and have recently handed in my notice. The induction is just a series of online learning and answering a questionnaire on what you've read, it takes a good few hours. After this you'll just be on the shop floor. My first night I wasn't given any training or allowed to work with anyone, I hope you have a decent manager because half of them are rude and don't care about you.
There are lockers but good luck getting a key, theres hooks in the locker room or you can just leave your bag in the canteen.
Hope this helps!
ahj.03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Emree)
Hey,
I've been working as a trading assistant for 8 months now and have recently handed in my notice. The induction is just a series of online learning and answering a questionnaire on what you've read, it takes a good few hours. After this you'll just be on the shop floor. My first night I wasn't given any training or allowed to work with anyone, I hope you have a decent manager because half of them are rude and don't care about you.
There are lockers but good luck getting a key, theres hooks in the locker room or you can just leave your bag in the canteen.
Hope this helps!
Thanks! I hope I have a good manager as well, the guy who interviewed me was really nice but my line manager is different and haven’t met him yet
slapsticjoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
what were you guys asked in your interview, i have mine on Saturday 😅
Chisjsgeusiaibdv
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by slapsticjoe)
what were you guys asked in your interview, i have mine on Saturday 😅
Hello! How did your interview go?
Can you give some insight on what they may ask and whatnot?
Many thanks!
Whatisizekiah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chisjsgeusiaibdv)
Hello! How did your interview go?
Can you give some insight on what they may ask and whatnot?
Many thanks!
It’s super easy don’t worry! It’s mainly just seeing if you have the write attitude and work ethic.

I’ve done this interview twice!

Questions like why do you want to work here and what does the job involve were on a sheet for me that they filled out.

The majority of the interview is admin so uniform size, right to work, can you do the hours, what is the job stc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.36%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
16.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (26)
15.95%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.72%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
27.61%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (29)
17.79%

Watched Threads