Racists called my girlfriend the “n word” on our night out.

Watch
DoingMyUtmost:)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
She doesn’t want to leave the house now. She supported me when my sister died from breast cancer and I can’t even report the racists because they yelled it for a car.
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If your girlfriend doesn’t want to report it, respect her wishes.
DoingMyUtmost:)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Euphoria101)
If your girlfriend doesn’t want to report it, respect her wishes.
No, she does want to report but I can’t because the ***** shouted it from a car as they drove past.
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe in 2070 all the racists will be gone
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Still contact the police and report this, even if you can only give a vague description of the car and occupants; information like time, location etc will still be important. Yours might not be the first report and it could point to a pattern of behaviour in a certain area, or it could be somehing they monitor.

They may also be able to refer you to an organisation for victim support. It's a shocking experience and whilst your girlfriend is clearly struggling with this, you will both be going through a range of emotions and need help.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Still contact the police and report this, even if you can only give a vague description of the car and occupants; information like time, location etc will still be important. Yours might not be the first report and it could point to a pattern of behaviour in a certain area, or it could be somehing they monitor.

They may also be able to refer you to an organisation for victim support. It's a shocking experience and whilst your girlfriend is clearly struggling with this, you will both be going through a range of emotions and need help.
This, Young guys in cars are v rarely going to shout abuse at ONE person when they're out, the point is basically to egg the others on to say worse stuff. So the police will eventually see a pattern to it if it's reported. There' isn't much point in staying upset by whatever was shouted, it's senseless and they were only able to do it while fleeing in a car. And I personally don't give a sht what someone like that thinks of me at all.

If your lucky you'll get so see karma catch up with them one day, just as one leans out to shout 'Ya fu-' two police cars erupt from alleys and box them in and all you hear are some high pitched yelps as officers charge the car and drag them out for the hairdryer treatment, none of them are arrested, but they all get back in the car with red faces and tears streaming down their faces.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Happened a lot when my girl and I first got together. Wasted a lot of mugs each time.

As far as driving passed, whip your phone out and catch the plate number. Or throw something at the car. You're gonna have to let your girl know if she hasn't accepted this herself that there are idiots who aren't worth it. My girl is quite hard being half Jamaican and will row with anyone till the sun comes up. 😁 so I know it don't bother her, we'll both fight. Until we both turn 30 that is lol.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DoingMyUtmost:))
She doesn’t want to leave the house now. She supported me when my sister died from breast cancer and I can’t even report the racists because they yelled it for a car.
You need to help her get strong and not get fazed by these sort of things.. When I was small and just went to the corner shop. There usually was some guy shouting "stupid paki" or "go back home" etc.. The usual Bull... Just move on. They're only words at the end of the day, so no need to become a recluse because of a word. Racists usually have some sort of issue in their life, so being racist can be a way to relieve them from the issue temporarrily.. Just ignore them and help your gf to understand that it's nothing personal.. Just a drunk blurting out nonsense...
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
You need to help her get strong and not get fazed by these sort of things.. When I was small and just went to the corner shop. There usually was some guy shouting "stupid paki" or "go back home" etc.. The usual Bull... Just move on. They're only words at the end of the day, so no need to become a recluse because of a word. Racists usually have some sort of issue in their life, so being racist can be a way to relieve them from the issue temporarrily.. Just ignore them and help your gf to understand that it's nothing personal.. Just a drunk blurting out nonsense...
Yeah same with me. It might seem sad to say just ignore it but you can’t report every single person that shouts paki or terrorist...
Obviously if it’s like someone behind you and you get scared 100% do it, but most people shout it and laugh w their mates and move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads