How to nicely tell bf to lose weight ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been with my bf for almost 4 years, we are both 20 but he is overweight and I am genuinely worried about his health. I know he wants to lose weight and also thinks he should but he doesnt seem to change anything, I have offered to do the gym together and even made small remarks to try and hint at how much he eats but I feel terrible when I do and nothing ever changes. I've also started to feel less attracted to him physically because of this am I a terrible person? I feel so bad but my feelings have changed, sex isn't as enjoyable recently because it's harder to do certain positions lol which is frustrating for me but i feel so so so bad for thinking this way ( help me pls???
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been with my bf for almost 4 years, we are both 20 but he is overweight and I am genuinely worried about his health. I know he wants to lose weight and also thinks he should but he doesnt seem to change anything, I have offered to do the gym together and even made small remarks to try and hint at how much he eats but I feel terrible when I do and nothing ever changes. I've also started to feel less attracted to him physically because of this am I a terrible person? I feel so bad but my feelings have changed, sex isn't as enjoyable recently because it's harder to do certain positions lol which is frustrating for me but i feel so so so bad for thinking this way ( help me pls???
Maybe offer to cook for him, and make him a really small portion. I think that will send a clear message.
steph0468
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Difficult unless you actually sit down and talk to him about it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Maybe offer to cook for him, and make him a really small portion. I think that will send a clear message.
Thanks, I didn't think about taking more control of cooking, but I think this could actually really help me
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks, I didn't think about taking more control of cooking, but I think this could actually really help me
When you put a small portion of food infront of him, first he may ask...this isn't nearly enough...simply look at him blankly and realization will set in lol.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How much does he weigh?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads