title
Last edited by Brutal Bee; 1 month ago
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, self-care.

It's difficult because you feel as though you have to spend every waking moment revising and studying, but more often than not I find the simplest things can be the most calming.

I've recently come out of an extremely stressful exam period because of personal issues going on, but also realised during this time that I really had to look after myself too. Just take an hour or two to yourself for a breather. Run yourself a nice hot bath and grab a hot coco, pop on some tunes and just clear your mind.

Failing that, exercise really helps too. I go down to my uni gym and swim for a couple of hours a week. I couldn't tell you how it helps, only that it does.
Last edited by MidgetFever; 1 month ago
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Law-yer)
It's just...sometimes it feels like I am being selfish if I don't care about what's going on in others' lives (and some of them have serious issues). I feel like if I let myself care, I would care too much and be 'depressed' for them. But for self-preservation, I try to not care. Haven't yet found the balance.

Self-care feels selfish too, I don't know why I think I don't deserve it if others in my life are having a hard time lmaoooo

I really appreciate you for helping me this late, Midget xx (agreed about exercise btw, helps every single time)
It isn't selfish at all. It is really easy to get caught up in other people's problems and sometimes it does take priority over other things to the extent that it's affecting your life too. There's no shame in taking a step back and thinking about yourself too though, sometimes it's needed and that's okay. People aren't going to look down on you for it, and you do deserve it.

I feel like I may have said this before but if things get too much and you need to rant about things then don't be afraid to PM me, I'm all ears.. or.. eyes, I suppose. :lol:
Brutal Bee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
It isn't selfish at all. It is really easy to get caught up in other people's problems and sometimes it does take priority over other things to the extent that it's affecting your life too. There's no shame in taking a step back and thinking about yourself too though, sometimes it's needed and that's okay. People aren't going to look down on you for it, and you do deserve it.

I feel like I may have said this before but if things get too much and you need to rant about things then don't be afraid to PM me, I'm all ears.. or.. eyes, I suppose. :lol:
Thank you for this, I really needed it and it's so kind of you to take your time to (why are you not asleep? ) write this for me.

You are such a gem, seriously. Also, thanks for the offer and same goes for you :heart:
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for this, I really needed it and it's so kind of you to take your time to (why are you not asleep? ) write this for me.

You are such a gem, seriously. Also, thanks for the offer and same goes for you :heart:
Aw bless you, haha. Thank you!
You're most welcome

Honestly, I have a bunch of totally really exciting tort cases to read for my seminar on Friday. My late-night forum browsing is a welcome distraction :lol:
Brutal Bee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Honestly, I have a bunch of totally really exciting tort cases to read for my seminar on Friday.
Really selling law degree to us aspiring peasants

but it's all good because I am only after it because apparently law students are hoooooot. Can't wait
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really selling law degree to us aspiring peasants

but it's all good because I am only after it because apparently law students are hoooooot. Can't wait
:lol: It's interesting really, I'm just bitter that we were told they were 'short' cases. Apparently me and my tutor have very different definitions of short.

I probably shouldn't, but I can vouch for that. There are some pretty 'peng' guys on my course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads