IBFinancegirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
What are you going to study? it depends...
Anonymous1579
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by IBFinancegirl)
What are you going to study? it depends...
Hi guys. Hope you are keeping well! Just a quick one for you here...
I’ve received offers from Cranfield, Cass, Henley Business School in Reading and Smurfit in Dublin. I’m waiting to hear back from Exeter, Warwick and Durham.
I’m looking for your opinion on which uni and course would be best for getting a job in Finance in London.
Cranfield - MSc Finance and Mngt
Cass - MSc Corporate Finance
Smurfit - MSc Aviation Finance
Henley - MSc Corporate Finance

And the three I haven’t heard back from are:
Exeter - MSc Finance and Investment
Warwick - MSc Finance
Durham - MSc Finance (Corporate and International Finance)

I’m also thinking of applying the MSc Investment and Wealth Management in Imperial

Out of the offers I already have, what do you think I should go for? And if I were to get offers from Warwick, Exeter or Durham, what would you go for?
Has anyone else applied to any of these courses?
FYI my undergrad is BSc Finance.

Thanks!
Anonymous1579
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous1579)
I’ve received offers from Cranfield, Cass, Henley Business School in Reading and Smurfit in Dublin. I’m waiting to hear back from Exeter, Warwick and Durham.
I’m looking for your opinion on which uni and course would be best for getting a job in Finance in London.

Warwick - MSc Finance

I’m also thinking of applying the MSc Investment and Wealth Management in Imperial

Out of the offers I already have, what do you think I should go for? And if I were to get offers from Warwick, Exeter or Durham, what would you go for?

Thanks!
That didn’t go up yesterday when I posted it originally
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
This is my top 3 rank according to your options:

1) IWM Imperial
2) MSC Finance Warwick
3) Cass - Corporate Finance

I've applied to IWM imperial , MSC Finance in warwick and Corporate finance at Cass. Still waiting!
Last edited by IBFinancegirl; 7 months ago
Anonymous1579
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
This is my top 3 rank according to your options:

1) IWM Imperial
2) MSC Finance Warwick
3) Cranfield - MSc Finance

I've applied to IWM imperial , MSC Finance in warwick and Corporate finance at Cass. Still waiting!
Have you? Best of luck with them.
You would take Cranfield over Cass?
Think I will apply to Imperial this weekend.
Smoda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Warwick - MSc Finance

Thanks!
Msc finance Warwick >imperial IWM>Cass >the rest Cranfield probably the best but it won’t make a difference if you choose any of those they’re all equally
Cranfield University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Warwick - MSc Finance

Thanks!
Hi there!
Congratulations on your offer from Cranfield.
In answer to one of your questions, I can vouch that Cranfield has spectacular industry connections and runs regular events in London in collaboration with finance companies.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about Cranfield

Best regards

Nick
Student Ambassador
Anonymous1579
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Cranfield University)
Hi there!
Congratulations on your offer from Cranfield.
In answer to one of your questions, I can vouch that Cranfield has spectacular industry connections and runs regular events in London in collaboration with finance companies.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about Cranfield

Best regards

Nick
Student Ambassador
Thanks for your response Nick. I really like the look of the finance and management course in Cranfield.
What sort of jobs do most of the class end up in? Do you see many going into IB and portfolio management?
Thanks
Diplomatic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You've indicated your interest in IB, so naturally Warwick and Imperial (if you apply) will help you the most. Cass is also good but produces less IB grads than the aforementioned. The rest of your choices are a bit pointless, you shouldn't be wasting money on an MSc in the hope it'll make you a strong IB candidate unless it's a target in my opinion because you're making it much harder on yourself.

If you're doing it because you're interested in the academic subject then they're all great quality universities.
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Have you? Best of luck with them.
You would take Cranfield over Cass?
Think I will apply to Imperial this weekend.
I'm also applying to Cranfield today. Im not sure yet which one would I select... but I would take Warwick or Imperial anytime.

Good luck on your application for IWM!! Hugs!
Anonymous1579
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm also applying to Cranfield today. Im not sure yet which one would I select... but I would take Warwick or Imperial anytime.

Good luck on your application for IWM!! Hugs!
You too have a good one
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
You too have a good one
Today I received an offer at Cass for MSC Corporate Finance. (I have until the 30th to accept).

You mentioned you hold an offer, when does it expires?

BTW, I applied to IWM at imperial and MSC Finance at Warwick 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them. With Cass is a different story... I decided to apply last saturday and today I received an offer (weird right?). So hurry with Imperial as if you can see in other threads... they are taking up to 9-10 weeks to hang out offers!

Also, if you decide to go to Cass, we might go in together haha
Anonymous1579
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Today I received an offer at Cass for MSC Corporate Finance. (I have until the 30th to accept).

BTW, I applied to IWM at imperial and MSC Finance at Warwick 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them. With Cass is a different story... I decided to apply last saturday and today I received an offer (weird right?). So hurry with Imperial as if you can see in other threads... they are taking up to 9-10 weeks to hang out offers!

Congrats on the offer from Cass. I was the same, I heard back very quickly. My offer expires on the 27th of March so it’s possible that I won’t have heard back from Warwick or Imperial before then, definitely not Imperial anyway. I only applied to Imperial today.
Let me know how you get on with the others anyway. Ye we could!
80tek
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Congrats IBFinancegirl and Anonym1579 for the Msc Corp Fin. I received one too.
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
Thanks! Have you heard from the rest of your applications?
prveqt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Congrats on your offer! What's your background? I applied to Class 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting.
IBFinancegirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by prveqt)
Congrats on your offer! What's your background? I applied to Class 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting.
Thank you!

Heres my profile.

- Academic Excellence/Honor Student throughout my undergraduate degree in Accounting & Finance - LATAM
- First place in my graduating class of Accounting & Finance
- 1.5 years experience in a Big 4
- 2 years experience as credit trade risk and associate business analyst in a commodities trading company in USA.
- 101 TOEFL
- 3 languages

I did not do GMAT/GRE, I didnt have the time to prepare as my decision was mostly last minute.
Warwick Business School
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey Everyone,

It is great to hear you are all considering MSc Finance at Warwick Business School, it is a fantastic course with amazing career opportunities after it, our students really enjoy this course! Have any of you thought about signing up to our Careers webinar taking place on the 23rd of March 2020? You can see all the support you receive from being an offer holder right thought to being an alum, you can ask questions relating to careers and the businesses we bring into the business school in order to provide you with networking opportunities if you join in live with the event. I have attached the link to the webinar below, if you are interested please sign up to it.
https://www.wbs.ac.uk/events/view/6376

If any of you hold offers at other business schools that you have a deadline to respond to, please private message me your Warwick ID number and your deadline so I can take a look at your application and see where it is at. I am sure you have received email communication from us letting you know we are currently experiencing a very high volume of applications, we are working as quickly as possible to get through the back log of applications.

Speak soon

Danielle
Last edited by Warwick Business School; 7 months ago
rodins_seladore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, I've had a conditional offer from Cranfield for MSc Management and am waiting to hear from Warwick. Have already been interviewed by join a school in France and few german business schools. With this information I present to you the idea that you(thread starter) and I are in the same boat. N.B: I don't live in London, so I cannot provide firsthand practical knowledge. But I've had discussions with alumni, professors and researched deeply into the subjects. Priority should be: 1. Imperial 2. Wawrick 3. Cass 4. Cranfield 5. Smurfit ... and the rest follow. Why? Imperial has great reputation. Certainly, a tad bit higher than Warwick. But. you must understand that Imperial and Warwick are almost the same. Warwick is growing at a very fast rate, and it's very proactive. The same applies for University life as well. And it's not a whole lot away from London. So you'll always find something going good or bad for either universities. Cass is great. Comes right after WBS and Imperial on any rankings. Has a good organised course. Sadly, does not equate to the kind of rich environment, access to job market and is honestly a little cramped and unorganised( I am talking about the campus) Cranfield is in the middle of nowhere. Yet, if that gels with you, then you have a university that offers a very different experience from other institutes. While, in Warwick, Imperial and Cass( well actually all of them); their USP is all management subjects and economics. Cranfield will give you a taste of energy management, defence expenditure management( i.e, if you go around learning as its the best in Europe for energy management and defence studies, it's not a subject in your module), is a smaller cohort. Its basically a very different experience, you'll be learning a different things from your peers. Things you may not experience at other schools. So I would consider that as a strong factor for choosing the school, This school has good market reach, but mostly lower A and higher B level companies come here. Ireland, however can be the game changer. With Brexit finally happening in full effect post 31st dec 2020, several companies have shifted their HQs to Ireland from London. The business may indeed be going west, so watch out for that. UCD is a good school. In my personal opinion, you either choose Imperial or Warwick. Or you research on your short term and long term goals and if they align with Ireland, then ride that opportunity train. Brexit is indeed a golden ticket waiting to be cashed in. Just ensure you're ahead in standing in line. May I also recommend studying/working in Germany (even if for a few years). It will be a much more fulfilling experience academically and professionally.Cheers
Vikesh9399
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by rodins_seladore)
Hi, I've had a conditional offer from Cranfield for MSc Management and am waiting to hear from Warwick. Have already been interviewed by join a school in France and few german business schools. With this information I present to you the idea that you(thread starter) and I are in the same boat. N.B: I don't live in London, so I cannot provide firsthand practical knowledge. But I've had discussions with alumni, professors and researched deeply into the subjects. Priority should be: 1. Imperial 2. Wawrick 3. Cass 4. Cranfield 5. Smurfit ... and the rest follow. Why? Imperial has great reputation. Certainly, a tad bit higher than Warwick. But. you must understand that Imperial and Warwick are almost the same. Warwick is growing at a very fast rate, and it's very proactive. The same applies for University life as well. And it's not a whole lot away from London. So you'll always find something going good or bad for either universities. Cass is great. Comes right after WBS and Imperial on any rankings. Has a good organised course. Sadly, does not equate to the kind of rich environment, access to job market and is honestly a little cramped and unorganised( I am talking about the campus) Cranfield is in the middle of nowhere. Yet, if that gels with you, then you have a university that offers a very different experience from other institutes. While, in Warwick, Imperial and Cass( well actually all of them); their USP is all management subjects and economics. Cranfield will give you a taste of energy management, defence expenditure management( i.e, if you go around learning as its the best in Europe for energy management and defence studies, it's not a subject in your module), is a smaller cohort. Its basically a very different experience, you'll be learning a different things from your peers. Things you may not experience at other schools. So I would consider that as a strong factor for choosing the school, This school has good market reach, but mostly lower A and higher B level companies come here. Ireland, however can be the game changer. With Brexit finally happening in full effect post 31st dec 2020, several companies have shifted their HQs to Ireland from London. The business may indeed be going west, so watch out for that. UCD is a good school. In my personal opinion, you either choose Imperial or Warwick. Or you research on your short term and long term goals and if they align with Ireland, then ride that opportunity train. Brexit is indeed a golden ticket waiting to be cashed in. Just ensure you're ahead in standing in line. May I also recommend studying/working in Germany (even if for a few years). It will be a much more fulfilling experience academically and professionally.Cheers
Hey, I got offers from Cranfield and bath for Msc management, which one should I choose?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (191)
29.52%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.38%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.96%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.88%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.78%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.87%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads