Jasperjmq26
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I will finish my university degree in April and start my training in Computing in September. My training is with TES and I have sent them my bank details for the Bursary.
First is that all you do for the bursary? As long as you get your degree your guaranteed it?

Besides the bursary should i also be applying for a tuition and maintenance loan from the government? I wasnt sure if i could get the bursary and the tuition and maintenance loan or if it was one or the other?

Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
chloedru
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep, that's all you need to do to receive your bursary as long as you meet all the eligibility criteria.

You can apply for tutiton and maintenance loan as well as your bursary but it's up to you whether you want to.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jasperjmq26)
Hi, I will finish my university degree in April and start my training in Computing in September. My training is with TES and I have sent them my bank details for the Bursary.
First is that all you do for the bursary? As long as you get your degree your guaranteed it?

Besides the bursary should i also be applying for a tuition and maintenance loan from the government? I wasnt sure if i could get the bursary and the tuition and maintenance loan or if it was one or the other?

Thanks for any help.

Speak with your provider as they should help apply for the bursary for you and as for the tuition and maintenance loan, you can apply for this also, but my advice would be do you need it? As the computing bursary is £26000 or a scholarship of £28000, which you don't obviously pay back, whereas the loan you will do.
If you do not need the extra maintenance loan, personally, I wouldn't apply for it as it's just extra money you will have to pay back.

Hope this helps and anymore questions just ask.

Cheers
Dan
Advertisement
Jasperjmq26
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Get into Teaching)
Speak with your provider as they should help apply for the bursary for you and as for the tuition and maintenance loan, you can apply for this also, but my advice would be do you need it? As the computing bursary is £26000 or a scholarship of £28000, which you don't obviously pay back, whereas the loan you will do.
If you do not need the extra maintenance loan, personally, I wouldn't apply for it as it's just extra money you will have to pay back.

Hope this helps and anymore questions just ask.

Cheers
Dan
That's great, thank you for the advice. Sorry for the late reply.
Jasperjmq26
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by chloedru)
Yep, that's all you need to do to receive your bursary as long as you meet all the eligibility criteria.

You can apply for tutiton and maintenance loan as well as your bursary but it's up to you whether you want to.
Thank you for the help!
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (281)
33.86%
No (549)
66.14%

Watched Threads