Anyone doing/completed the gdl?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Na7aly)
This forum is mainly used by people about to start a Law degree ......if you let me know where you did your GDL I can move your question to the relevant sub forum in the hope you will get some answers - eg BPP/University of Law or wherever
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Na7aly)
Hi,

I completed the GDL at the University of Law in Leeds last year did you have any specific questions? I'll do my best to answer them!

Jess
Student Ambassador, Leeds Campus
4dahomies
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hi,

I completed the GDL at the University of Law in Leeds last year did you have any specific questions? I'll do my best to answer them!

Jess
Student Ambassador, Leeds Campus
I’m just wondering if it’s hard to get everything finished in just one year as a fulltime student... the information they gave me says that the whole course’s gonna require 1800 study hours, which means for the course packed in eight months with 20 workdays each, I’ll have to spend 11 hours per day to study... ?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 4dahomies)
I’m just wondering if it’s hard to get everything finished in just one year as a fulltime student... the information they gave me says that the whole course’s gonna require 1800 study hours, which means for the course packed in eight months with 20 workdays each, I’ll have to spend 11 hours per day to study... ?
It is a very hard, intense course.
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 4dahomies)
I was a full time student and, although I would say it is an intense and demanding course, it is absolutely manageable and the uni is very good and making sure you are aware throughout of how much time you will need to put in and how much work is required. I think the key is to be organised from the start, and constantly keeping tabs on your progress and obvious things like not leaving yourself any one subject or topic to get to grips with right at the end before exams. The study hours are of course a recommendation, and you will put in what you need to in order to stay on top of things. I did not put in 11 hours a day, this would have been impossible whilst working part time. I did make sure I was prepared for every workshop, though, and that I attended all the lectures and workshops which were put on. Take advantage of the contact hours because this will be a huge part of your learning.

I found the course hard at the start because it was very different from my undergraduate degree and balancing my job with the prep for class took some time, however you do get into the swing of things and your tutors are always there to help you if you have any problems specific to the course or with your time management. Everyone has a one-on-one meeting with a tutor mentor near the start of the course where you can evaluate your progress and how you are finding the course.

Please let me know any more questions you have, I hope this was useful
Jess
17Student17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My daughters (now solicitors) did it at BPP in London full time and found it hard work but managed it fine. I don't think they did anything like 11 hours a day by the way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
30.19%
No (333)
69.81%

Watched Threads