Does SFE access my income alone or household?

Watch
Mordekaiser
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I live with my dad and will be over 25 by the time I start uni. Will my maintenance loan be based on my income or our combined income?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mordekaiser)
I live with my dad and will be over 25 by the time I start uni. Will my maintenance loan be based on my income or our combined income?
Hi there,

You will be assessed by your personal income, it will not include your fathers as you are over 25 before you start your course.

Even if you weren't 25 it would only take into consideration your father's income unless his partner was living at the residence.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Mordekaiser
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi there,

You will be assessed by your personal income, it will not include your fathers as you are over 25 before you start your course.

Even if you weren't 25 it would only take into consideration your father's income unless his partner was living at the residence.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you very much!
Hi there Mordekaiser

You're welcome!
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi there,

I hope this helps.

Hi

I would just like to clear this up.

As your over 25(and if your single), you will be entitled to the maximum amount of finance, the previous post said you will be assessed on your personal income but that’s not exactly correct, SFE only need to know about your unearned income and only need to know about your salary if your employer is releasing you to study.

You can be earning as much money as you want and SFE don’t need to know about this(unless unearned or employer release).

If you are not single then your partner/spouse will need to provide their income and your funding will be assessed on that.
Mordekaiser
Rep:
?
(Original post by murpo)
Hi

I would just like to clear this up.

As your over 25(and if your single), you will be entitled to the maximum amount of finance, the previous post said you will be assessed on your personal income but that’s not exactly correct, SFE only need to know about your unearned income and only need to know about your salary if your employer is releasing you to study.

You can be earning as much money as you want and SFE don’t need to know about this(unless unearned or employer release).

If you are not single then your partner/spouse will need to provide their income and your funding will be assessed on that.
When you say unearned income, does that mean just money sitting in an account that's not being paid in regularly by someone or a company? Also employer releasing, you mean in the sense that the employer is funding it or something? Or me requesting a P45? I don't understand your wording sorry.
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you say unearned income, does that mean just money sitting in an account that's not being paid in regularly by someone or a company? Also employer releasing, you mean in the sense that the employer is funding it or something? Or me requesting a P45? I don't understand your wording sorry.
Hi

Employer release is if your employer is paying you to attend the course, but if your simply just cutting your hours down to suit your studies, then that is not employer release.
Mordekaiser
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shirohige)
Hi

Employer release is if your employer is paying you to attend the course, but if your simply just cutting your hours down to suit your studies, then that is not employer release.
Thanks for clarifying. Am I right to say unearned income is basically money you get from ownership of land, inheritance and such? I just Googled it and found out.
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for clarifying. Am I right to say unearned income is basically money you get from ownership of land, inheritance and such? I just Googled it and found out.
No problem, if i remember its along the lines of that like trust funds etc, contact SFE if you think you have anything that might be considered that and they can check for you
murpo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
some examples

-Money received from renting a property
-bank interest

If you think you might have unearned income, then let me know what it is and I’ll let you know if you should include it on your application.
Mordekaiser
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by murpo)
Hi
some examples

-Money received from renting a property
-bank interest

If you think you might have unearned income, then let me know what it is and I’ll let you know if you should include it on your application.
My unearned income yearly is nearly £100 from bank interest.
murpo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My unearned income yearly is nearly £100 from bank interest.
Hi

You should include that in your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (235)
33.76%
No (461)
66.24%

Watched Threads