University reapplying help is needed!!

Watch
xbws
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
A couple of months ago I spoke about reapplying for university. Long story short, I did a year at uni, finished and passed the year but decided to take a year out. I wasn’t sure if I withdrew or just suspended my studies. Anyway I emailed the uni and they said I withdrawn but can make me a live student again. I thought this meant that I wouldn’t have to reapply through UCAS and that I can continue my studies in second year instead of starting again in first year. They basically said wait for contact from your department. Well the contact never came so I messaged them again and this time my department message me and they say I hve to reapply. I’m kind of annoyed because I don’t want to have to repeat first year when I passed and I don’t want to have to go through the whole UCAS application again. I’m not also keen on doing an extra year especially when the first year is a repeat and I already got the grades.
I feel lost and I’m unsure of what to do. Should I message them back and say I was told I would be a live student again and got the impression I could carry on my studies in second year? I’m worried my department did not get the whole story. OR should I just leave it, cry and understand how much I have messed up and reapply and just do first year all over again?
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Forward the department your emailing showing that you were told that you could resume your studies without reapplying. Ask them to confirm the Uni's position with the person who sent you the email.It's really up to the department to discuss this with student records/administration. Depending on their response I would consider a formal complaint.

So long as you have not been out of study for several years, I would imagine it's within the uni's policy to readmit you.
xbws
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m unsure if they said I could resume my studies or not but they said they could make me a live student again so I took this as I didn’t have to reapply? I only took this year out so surely they would still have my previous grades and information? I’m worried I’m annoying them too much with my emails but I’m so annoyed at their response rn
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, they will still have everything on record.

It's difficult to say exactly what the original emails means without reading it, but I would also assumed that "go live" meant resuming your studies, ie not applying again via UCAS.

If you are worried about chasing via email, just call them and politely check whether they have received your message and when you might receive a formal response. Let them know how you interpreted the email and are unsure how to proceed without a formal complaint which you are obviously keen to avoid.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just because they’re saying you have to reapply through UCAS doesn’t mean they’re saying that you would have to restart from first year.

Get clarification from them about whether they’re expecting you to apply through UCAS for second year entry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
70.97%
No (4)
12.9%
Not sure (5)
16.13%

Watched Threads