I'm scared I'm going to get ghosted again

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm seeing this guy, we've been seeing each other for 4 weeks. It was going really well so far, we speak everyday and when we're together, it feels like we've known each other for ages. We get on really well, he's very romantic, and we're both happy when we're together. So 2 days ago we were arranging another date, he invited me to his house this weekend for the first time and we talked about how excited we were to see each other again. He also said he loved seeing me.

After that, he left my message on read, although he never reads my messages without replying, I thought fair enough because it was a message he couldn't really reply to. Last night I messaged him again just to check he was okay and he read it and ignored me again. Maybe I'm overthinking, but I've been ghosted before and it's hurtful. I didn't think he'd do that he seems so nice and lovely and I thought everything was going well. I just don't want to be ghosted again.

I don't know what to do, but I find it hard to believe he'd actually ghost me when everything was going so well. I don't know what to do, and I don't want to harass him. Any advice?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What was in your message that he couldn't reply to? You've used the anonymous function so might as well say, and it looks to be the trigger for his change in behaviour.
tablestander64
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm seeing this guy, we've been seeing each other for 4 weeks. It was going really well so far, we speak everyday and when we're together, it feels like we've known each other for ages. We get on really well, he's very romantic, and we're both happy when we're together. So 2 days ago we were arranging another date, he invited me to his house this weekend for the first time and we talked about how excited we were to see each other again. He also said he loved seeing me.

After that, he left my message on read, although he never reads my messages without replying, I thought fair enough because it was a message he couldn't really reply to. Last night I messaged him again just to check he was okay and he read it and ignored me again. Maybe I'm overthinking, but I've been ghosted before and it's hurtful. I didn't think he'd do that he seems so nice and lovely and I thought everything was going well. I just don't want to be ghosted again.

I don't know what to do, but I find it hard to believe he'd actually ghost me when everything was going so well. I don't know what to do, and I don't want to harass him. Any advice?
i think you should message him and say hi oh btw i can't come over because your dad and i have been seeing each other
WobblyRobbly
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Gooner, don't worry there's no such thing as ghosts, although one time I was at the Arsenal game and I thought I saw the ghost of Herbert Chapman, I was ecstatic, however it was just some gooner in a fancy suit. Anyway don't panic! Even if they were real, what they gonna do, say boo and float away? The Wimps!
Brutal Bee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone who ghosts instead of politely declaring disinterest has had their maturity expired.

I personally like my goods fully functional. You?
Last edited by Brutal Bee; 1 month ago
tablestander64
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Law-yer)
Anyone who ghosts instead of politely declaring disinterest has had their maturity expired.

I personally like my goods fully functional. You?
shut up, you neek.
Brutal Bee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tablestander64)
shut up, you neek.
k.
Anonnorth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

It sounds like he has either had a better offer from someone else or his gf has turned up back at home.
If he has decided not to continue seeing you he should tell you.. ghosting is the cowards way and really sh!t for the one ghosted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (145)
30.02%
No (338)
69.98%

Watched Threads