Rottielover
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi

How long does it take to go from band 5 to band 6 as a physiotherapist?
Ironmike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rottielover)
Hi

How long does it take to go from band 5 to band 6 as a physiotherapist?
As an average about 2 - 3 years. Best case I have known people who have done it in 8 - 12 months, and worst case, people who have taken years due to maternity leave, going travelling etc. Depends what area, how hard you work, whether you happen to be in the right place at the right time etc etc.
Millie246
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ironmike)
As an average about 2 - 3 years. Best case I have known people who have done it in 8 - 12 months, and worst case, people who have taken years due to maternity leave, going travelling etc. Depends what area, how hard you work, whether you happen to be in the right place at the right time etc etc.
Hi,
Do you know if the bands work in one area? For example if you moved to band 6 at one hospital, can you then apply for band 6 at another hospital?
Ironmike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Millie246)
Hi,
Do you know if the bands work in one area? For example if you moved to band 6 at one hospital, can you then apply for band 6 at another hospital?
Yes. The bands are aligned with the agenda for change (google it) scales, and are the same nationally. You would still need to go through an interview process, and it may be that you don't get the job regardless of whether you are already a Band 6 somewhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads