A Levels , How hard is to get at least 2 C

Watch
Nairpic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have 70 days until my a levels start and I started studying like a month ago . I am taking English literature and Business studies and desperately need at least C in each one of them , any advice ?
Jay-e-net
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nairpic)
I have 70 days until my a levels start and I started studying like a month ago . I am taking English literature and Business studies and desperately need at least C in each one of them , any advice ?
For English literature a style I adopted was to go online and read everyone’s notes on a particular book or poem or author. Going on YouTube as well or listening to podcast about a particular topic. I also did YouTube and podcast on days I did not feel like reading for business. Also try making flash cards and any type of diagram for both subjects especially business. For example a spider diagram showing processes or stages. For example when talking about things which increases productivity, I make a diagram listing things like job satisfaction, environments or working benefits e.t.c and give an example. Also for literature keep asking fir help from your tutor. Solve pas questions and it’ll be fine. Good luck and I believe with all these being done consistently, you’ll get above a C💕
martinaaa.xx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was told of this new way of revising called spaced revision.
You start off with recording everything for your course onto flashcards, like u would normally. title on one side and information on the other.
you have 5 piles. the first being daily - they all start in daily, when you are able to remember a card you move it to the next pile. this being every other day, one you learn it from this pile, you move it to the next, being weekly then the next pile being monthly, the last pile is a week before the test.
The aim is to get all cards into the last pile, and it helps organise you - into knowing what you need to revise, and how good you are at that topic.
at any pile, you forget the card/information, put it back to the first pile and continue to learn.
Also revise in 25minute sections with around 5 minute break inbetween.
This should help get your grades up by adding to your knowledge, you could also do past papers - timing yourself - then after getting a mark scheme and evaluating your answer - then going to your teacher to mark it.

Nairpic
Rep:
?
(Original post by martinaaa.xx)
I was told of this new way of revising called spaced revision.
You start off with recording everything for your course onto flashcards, like u would normally. title on one side and information on the other.
you have 5 piles. the first being daily - they all start in daily, when you are able to remember a card you move it to the next pile. this being every other day, one you learn it from this pile, you move it to the next, being weekly then the next pile being monthly, the last pile is a week before the test.
The aim is to get all cards into the last pile, and it helps organise you - into knowing what you need to revise, and how good you are at that topic.
at any pile, you forget the card/information, put it back to the first pile and continue to learn.
Also revise in 25minute sections with around 5 minute break inbetween.
This should help get your grades up by adding to your knowledge, you could also do past papers - timing yourself - then after getting a mark scheme and evaluating your answer - then going to your teacher to mark it.
Thank you for the quick response , I was doing something similar but on quizlet , it would be an idea to write the definitions onto flashcards but there are I think around 350 definitions for business so it would take quite a lot to write all of them , I was revising chapter by chapter with a similar method .
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It doesn't matter how hard or easy it is, in the end you're still gonna do an exam and get the result you get. Worry about what you do next when you get the result, not before.
Nairpic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jay-e-net)
For English literature a style I adopted was to go online and read everyone’s notes on a particular book or poem or author. Going on YouTube as well or listening to podcast about a particular topic. I also did YouTube and podcast on days I did not feel like reading for business. Also try making flash cards and any type of diagram for both subjects especially business. For example a spider diagram showing processes or stages. For example when talking about things which increases productivity, I make a diagram listing things like job satisfaction, environments or working benefits e.t.c and give an example. Also for literature keep asking fir help from your tutor. Solve pas questions and it’ll be fine. Good luck and I believe with all these being done consistently, you’ll get above a C💕
Thanks for the quick response .
I have a private tutor for english , she helps me a lot with past papers and also with poems .
For business I have to study on my own and I find it quite hard to remember all of the definitions
Nairpic
Rep:
?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
It doesn't matter how hard or easy it is, in the end you're still gonna do an exam and get the result you get. Worry about what you do next when you get the result, not before.
I know but that doesn't stop me from being stressed out because of them
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know but that doesn't stop me from being stressed out because of them
Nothing to stress about. If you don't get the grade you want, can always retry next year, or any year, or another route.
Nairpic
Rep:
?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
Nothing to stress about. If you don't get the grade you want, can always retry next year, or any year, or another route.
True , but don't want to miss a whole year just because I can't get a C
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (190)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
16.27%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (120)
9.81%
Isolating with family (85)
6.95%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (47)
3.84%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (106)
8.67%
Loneliness (118)
9.65%
Financial worries (52)
4.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
8.99%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.28%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (107)
8.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed