The Student Room Group

Official Cambridge English MPhil Offer Holders

Congratulations everyone on your offers for the English MPhils at Cambridge. This is a thread where we can get to know each other and voice our thoughts and concerns about our offers and programs. For many of us who aren't from there, Cambridge can be a completely new and even daunting environment so I hope this can be a platform where we can have some friendly info-sharing and mutual support. I am going to join the Criticism and Culture program this October. Nice to meet you all!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
What a lovely idea to start a thread :smile: Is everybody here from the UK? I would be interested in knowing how you guys are planning to fund the upcoming nine months, it's something that makes me stress quite a bit (since I don't think I'll be able to go if I don't get some sort of funding :frown:).

I had applied & got into the MPhil in CC and I feel like everybody is gonna be extremely intelligent and well-read and I should ... I don't know, read Hegel or something as preparation :eek::biggrin:
Original post by diren
What a lovely idea to start a thread :smile: Is everybody here from the UK? I would be interested in knowing how you guys are planning to fund the upcoming nine months, it's something that makes me stress quite a bit (since I don't think I'll be able to go if I don't get some sort of funding :frown:).

I had applied & got into the MPhil in CC and I feel like everybody is gonna be extremely intelligent and well-read and I should ... I don't know, read Hegel or something as preparation :eek::biggrin:

I hope you will hear back from the scholarships soon! It would be Cambridge's loss if a talented scholar is barred from accessing great opportunities due to money. I am sure you are as intelligent and well-read as many other applicants are. I mean, why would they have accepted you if you weren't? Hegel is the big figure I must admit but philosophers like him are often cited for no pertinent reasons other than wanting to sound smart. He is definitely worth learning more about but one shouldn't feel compelled to read him when there is no direct reason. Your passions are your best guides, and by reading scholars that you are actually interested in, you might even get to understand Hegel's philosophy in an indirect way!
There is now a Facebook group for English MPhil and PhD offer holders at Cambridge 2020! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2602048786691300/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending