Why Do You Like Quentin Tarantino?

Watch
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Quentin Tarantino's films are super popular and for the most part I just don't like them and how samey and shoddy they can be. I really liked Pulp Fiction and I suppose Reservoir Dogs might be alright in places, but Django is freaking awful-the incessant swearing gets on my grill and the style and presentation of most of his films are blah. I'll give credit where it's due, Tarantino does have style, but it's so trashy that I just cannot get on with it like a child scrawling on a dry wall with a crayon. I guess what I'm saying is Tarantino's films lack substance which is why they come across as very excessive stylish. Maybe they're just good throwaway fun films, but I just don't find anything deep or engaging in most of them.
GatoMessi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like his style of movie
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
some of his movies are good.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is no lack of substance in his films, the only one that I didn't enjoy was The Hateful Eight because it was boring.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like them. :dontknow:
His writing for True Romance was awesome, genuinely one of my favourite films. Definitely wouldn't say it lacked substance.
lottieEM
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i like his films bc i really enjoy a non-cohesive narrative that then makes sense at the end of the film. my favourite director is david lynch, and a lot of his films (notably mulholland drive) are in this style as well - i consider tarantinos to be just more violent versions of lynch films haha
Cheesybread
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People like different directors for different things. I find that Tarantino is a very good writer and often gets good performances from the actors.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
because of the pulp fiction apartment scene
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
There is no lack of substance in his films, the only one that I didn't enjoy was The Hateful Eight because it was boring.
Ok why don't his films lack substance?
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
Ok why don't his films lack substance?
Good plots, good scripts and well acted.

You never feel like something didn't make sense.
username4659218
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A child scrawling on a dry wall with a crayon... Spot on. And that's kinda why I like his films -- not because they have meaning or anything, just for the sake of it. Of course, it really depends on what I feel like watching; when I'm in the mood for a "trashy" film, Tarantino will be my #1 choice.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by spark0710)
A child scrawling on a dry wall with a crayon... Spot on. And that's kinda why I like his films -- not because they have meaning or anything, just for the sake of it. Of course, it really depends on what I feel like watching; when I'm in the mood for a "trashy" film, Tarantino will be my #1 choice.
I can certainly appreciate that Tarantino is indicative of junk food cinema but I think about his films too much to garner much pleasure from them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (272)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.92%
Isolating with family (123)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.5%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (147)
8.38%
Loneliness (174)
9.92%
Financial worries (70)
3.99%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (160)
9.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (125)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (156)
8.89%

Watched Threads