Show
Old title: A busy bee's blog - Honey, come let's talk
Last edited by Brutal Bee; 5 days ago
Brutal Bee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Have a meeting at 8 tonight...non-compulsory....do I go or not?
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
I will have to walk an hour for it as well.... why did writing that out make me want to sob?
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Meh. I will go. Will need to leave the house soon, in that case.

I have this tiny spot right next to my lip and it's like....honey, couldn't another day have been fine to make yourself known? Just when you need to make a good impression and you look like an ugly hoe...I love my life.
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Law-yer)
Meh. I will go. Will need to leave the house soon, in that case.

I have this tiny spot right next to my lip and it's like....honey, couldn't another day have been fine to make yourself known? Just when you need to make a good impression and you look like an ugly hoe...I love my life.
:rofl:

*dabs some sunshine on the spot* hope it gets its visa and emigrates soon so it can leave you alone
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
:rofl:

*dabs some sunshine on the spot*
You are on PRSOM.

Why, the famous Lord Wizard has used his magic for me and now I look glorious. Thank you. 😭
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
I bet I will be the youngest (let's add dumbest, ugliest, least professional-looking to the list) person at the meeting. Ngl so nervous.

I hope they have refreshments....a person can only hope.
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Time to download the TSR app (ewwwwww).
Last edited by Brutal Bee; 4 weeks ago
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Google maps says it will take me 42 minutes to walk.
I am gonna slit it's throat if it's lying.

Taking the route it's suggesting and not the one I thought of.
WoodlandSorcerer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did the meeting go, honey bun???
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
How did the meeting go, honey bun???
You are like my fairy godfather.

Short answer: surprised at how organised it was, didn't expect that. Good, but jesus people need to smile more and I definitely have social anxiety.

Long answer coming up in the next post.
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Lol I definitely was the youngest person there, but there was also a university student in his 3rd year. Felt like I didn't belong there, but wore a confident exterior anyways. It was around 25 people sitting in a circle and they did have refreshments (cookies and hot drinks).

Top tip: if you become a little anxious in social settings new to you, don't grab a massive cookie because a) it will take a long time to eat and b) eating just makes the nerves worse. It was so hard as well, so literally I felt like they could hear me chewing. lmaoooooo People were so serious and quiet as well and I have to converse to feel less nervous.

In the end I was walking home in the dark so when we left the place, I initiated a conversation with an older girl that was walking in the same direction and we actually bonded really well. So, at least the next few meetings won't be unbearable because I have a friendly face that I will recognise in the future.

Overall, I am glad I went. But honestly, need to just be less nervous.
------------------
Won't go into specifics for privacy reasons, but basically, this meeting was an introduction to training for a role. There is a selection day coming up, where they will assess us all and might tell some people they aren't fit for the role. I have a feeling they might think I am too young for this role, I really really hope not. I really want this. Anyways, if I refer to this in the future, I will call it my side-hustle #1.
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Today has been so busy that I literally only just realised that I just had my first meal of the day.

I-
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
I hate organising my days digitally because I prefer a physical diary/deadline-recorder. However, I feel like deadlines change, things shift, so much is always changing that it gets messy on paper and sometimes no space is left in one box. How annoying.

So, I am going to finally organise my google calendar.
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Finally have a Google calendar. 🙄 I am becoming so terribly dull and ordinary, it worries me.
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
I can't go to bed in peace (as in all I do is have troubling thoughts) if I know I didn't have a productive day, so going to stay up until 3 and focus on doing important tasks.
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
Productive in a purely academic (i.e. A-levels) sense.
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
I am trying so hard to pretend that I don't have exams in two months.

what the ****. what the ****. what the ****.

Time is such a thot.
WoodlandSorcerer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Law-yer)
I am trying so hard to pretend that I don't have exams in two months.

what the ****. what the ****. what the ****.

Time is such a thot.
I’m confused. Are you an A level student?? Because you said you were the youngest person in the meeting except a third year undergrad? So are you actually a fourth year undergrad?? Sorry, my brain’s being a dumb thot this afternoon
Brutal Bee
Rep:
?
I’m confused. Are you an A level student?? Because you said you were the youngest person in the meeting except a third year undergrad? So are you actually a fourth year undergrad?? Sorry, my brain’s being a dumb thot this afternoon
Poor wording on my part (your brain is nothing but brilliant), I meant to write that I was the youngest person, but there was also someone sort-of-young, as in a student there with me. I heard him talk about his course, that's how I knew. Also, not to be rude, but most university students have 'poor' and 'grump' look smacked on their face so it isn't hard to tell. lol

I am doing A-levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads