Reply 1
A quick google and I got this:
http://german.about.com/library/blprestense2.htm
It seems to be what you're looking for!
Hanoi
A quick google and I got this:
http://german.about.com/library/blprestense2.htm
It seems to be what you're looking for!

I'd hope an A-level student would already know all of those.

"Lists of verbs" are useless. Go and buy Charlie und die Schokoladenfabrik and read it or something.
Reply 3
Most German textbooks would have a list of verbs at the back..

it's a bit hard like.. because well there are no "set verbs".. I suggest you just get a few newspaper articles or as generalebriety suggested.. read a book or something :smile: then you're increasing vocab as well as learning necessary verbs :smile:
Reply 4
hey OP thinking along the exact same lines as you...A2 german does not sound pretty :p:
the above posts are right in that there isnt really a set list of verbs or vocab as such, but your best bet is probs something you might already have...a handy little vocab book (incl verbs) called wort fur wort. you probs already have that, but if not, get it, cause its the best :smile:
i have no idea what it is in german. wurt fur wurt?! who knows. it's palabra por palabra in spanish. it's like a fiver
Reply 6
A Stranger in Moscow
i have no idea what it is in german. wurt fur wurt?! who knows. it's palabra por palabra in spanish. it's like a fiver

hehe...great minds think alike :p: its wort fur wort :smile: good arent they?
Reply 7
yeah I got given wort fuer wort for AS German.. quite handy for vocab.. :smile:
Reply 8
For verbs you could always get "The Big Yellow Book of German Verbs". I use it sometimes and its been invaluable.
hannah_dru
For verbs you could always get "The Big Yellow Book of German Verbs". I use it sometimes and its been invaluable.

I have that too, it's fantastic. Dictionaries never tell you enough about how to use irregular verbs. this book is great - you can get it from borders for £11.99... :smile:
robotic_dancer
Hi, i was wondering if anyone had a useful list of a level german verbs available? i am trying to better my vocabulary for year 13, anyhelp is good help :biggrin:

I suggest that everytime you learn a new verb, write it down in your vocab book (if you have one - if you don't, start one now!). if it's irregular, make sure you note this along with its past participle.
Rosamund123
I have that too, it's fantastic. Dictionaries never tell you enough about how to use irregular verbs. this book is great - you can get it from borders for £11.99... :smile:

Wow, that's even cheaper than when I got it for my mum from Amazon Marketplace!
hannah_dru
Wow, that's even cheaper than when I got it for my mum from Amazon Marketplace!

yeah, sorry, I just remembered I used my staff discount so it probably wasn't that much originally!
Rosamund123
yeah, sorry, I just remembered I used my staff discount so it probably wasn't that much originally!

its £6.74 here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=The+Big+Yellow+Book+of+German+Verbs&x=0&y=0 :confused:
There's a book called 501 German Verbs :tongue: saved my life!

Latest