username5189460
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How do you write really good answers and how do you get it in your head?
(Exam in 1 1/2 month -freaking out)
Also, do you guys have any good examples that I can have inspiration from-you don't have to
IslandSpa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kittyfifi123456)
Also, do you guys have any good examples that I can have inspiration from-you don't have to
Keep it simple, translate an everyday conversation you would have in English to French (ex. ordering coffee; passport check at the airport; buying something at the shop; getting in the bus..), does this help?
username5189460
Rep:
?
yeah, i've started to say opinions in french and it is actually helping me.

Thanks for the advice, it's just the tenses I struggle with the most.
username5133912
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I BeG U pls dont memorise ur answers it won't help at all. Memorise small witty phrases and fill the gaps in on the spot or you'll sound rigid. if u need more help pm me i take french and german xx
username5189460
Rep:
?
(Original post by Girlboss666)
I BeG U pls dont memorise ur answers it won't help at all. Memorise small witty phrases and fill the gaps in on the spot or you'll sound rigid. if u need more help pm me i take french and german xx
What grades are you currently getting in your languages and how do you learn tenses? - I've tried to learn it but it won't help
username5133912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What grades are you currently getting in your languages and how do you learn tenses? - I've tried to learn it but it won't help
i dont wanna curse it but im predicted 8/9s in both (our school isnt allowed to predict straight 9s), i got 57 and 58 in my mock orals if that helps u gauge xx for tenses (french right?) for passe composee (ik there are accents but i cba to type them lol) learn the patterns so er verbs go e acute accent, ir goes to i and re goes to u. then look at patterns like boire to bu lire to lu venir to venu devenir to devenu sorts of things, learn mrs vandertramp/travendamp. Honestly practise is the biggest thing if ur teachers give you gap fills that rlly helps where they miss out the verb, give u the infinitive and u have to conjugate them and put them in the correct tense sort of thing. Write all ur tenses out and extensively practise each so passe composee imparfait present future simple and proche. Try a verb a day? we do that in lessons and it helps. Also practise using all ur tenses when trying to answer questions. Start in the tense the question is asked in to show you understand then expand in other tenses. Using something like je joue au tennis depuis dix ans (i have played tennis for 10 yrs) formed with present + depuis + time is funky, look for things like that xx soz this is abit rambly
username5189460
Rep:
?
(Original post by Girlboss666)
i dont wanna curse it but im predicted 8/9s in both (our school isnt allowed to predict straight 9s), i got 57 and 58 in my mock orals if that helps u gauge xx for tenses (french right?) for passe composee (ik there are accents but i cba to type them lol) learn the patterns so er verbs go e acute accent, ir goes to i and re goes to u. then look at patterns like boire to bu lire to lu venir to venu devenir to devenu sorts of things, learn mrs vandertramp/travendamp. Honestly practise is the biggest thing if ur teachers give you gap fills that rlly helps where they miss out the verb, give u the infinitive and u have to conjugate them and put them in the correct tense sort of thing. Write all ur tenses out and extensively practise each so passe composee imparfait present future simple and proche. Try a verb a day? we do that in lessons and it helps. Also practise using all ur tenses when trying to answer questions. Start in the tense the question is asked in to show you understand then expand in other tenses. Using something like je joue au tennis depuis dix ans (i have played tennis for 10 yrs) formed with present + depuis + time is funky, look for things like that xx soz this is abit rambly
THANKYOU!!!!!
I'm doing french and I'll definitely follow your advice!!
GOOD LUCK IN YOU GCSE's can't believe its literally 2 months away but plenty of time for practice
username5133912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
THANKYOU!!!!!
I'm doing french and I'll definitely follow your advice!!
GOOD LUCK IN YOU GCSE's can't believe its literally 2 months away but plenty of time for practice
no problem if you need any more help always feel free to drop me a msg im more than happy to helpxx love getting in my daily good dees ahaha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.52%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (54)
64.29%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.19%

Watched Threads