The Student Room Group

Secret boyfriend helppp

Guyssss, I have a Pakistani Muslim boyfriend who's 17 and I'm a Nepalese girl who's 18. We met nearly 2 years ago at work
Nepalese parents are strict but I've met his family and we get very along and they have agreed for marriage
BUT I'm scared to tell them!!! (Asian parents)
But im going university and it will be long distance in few months and idk what to do
They have already said its gonna be a no because of the traditional thinking but mixed culture marriages are more accepted now
GUYS HELPP
Reply 1
If you really care about him, you will be scared. I am a Pakistani Muslim too, so I get the strictness. But if you really like him, then go ahead. Just don't do it if you think it's not gonna last.
What is your religious background?
Reply 3
I'm not religious . I'm Nepalese thi
Hes muslim
If you're not religious, why are you in such a hurry to get married?

Teenaged marriages have poor statistcs when it comes to them being happy long term ones.

No doubt you will be convinced that you are one of the exceptions. Just like millions of other teenaged couples that have hated each other's guts by the time they were 21 to 25.

Ideally you want to be a free agent when you go off to uni. Ideally, aim to have a few boyfriends whilst you are at uni.
Your boyfriend will lack the maturity that's required in order for him to be a good husband (because he's 17!). Don't marry him!

Also aim to live with someone for a year before deciding whether to marry them or not. You want to get past the honeymoon phase to have a better idea if you will be happy together or not in the long term.
Reply 5
We have been through so much, it's different with us like we been through so many ups and downs . We arent planning to get married now, it's for later on around age 26

Quick Reply

Latest