keira200416
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
can somebody help me with this gcse geography question "plants and animals adapt in order to survive in a cold environment" expalin this statement
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Think of some animals and plants that live in the cold, and compare them to those that live in warmer climates. The differences are your probably your answer.
TristanBearz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by keira200416)
can somebody help me with this gcse geography question "plants and animals adapt in order to survive in a cold environment" expalin this statement
hello. Whiles i didn't exactly do this topic in depth, i am the best in A level Geography and IGCSE biology in Ghana, Africa, and hope i can provide some ideas.
i think a good place to start is to think of some adaptations, on animals, thick fur, blubber, hibernation perhaps?
for plants, losing leaves seems the main one to me, e.g pine trees.
Then explain how adaptations are done in order to help the organism survive in its natural environment, linking each adaptation to its reason, e.g thick fur keeps it warm. out of interest how many marks was the question?
keira200416
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThomH97)
Think of some animals and plants that live in the cold, and compare them to those that live in warmer climates. The differences are your probably your answer.
thank you x
keira200416
Rep:
?
(Original post by TristanBearz)
hello. Whiles i didn't exactly do this topic in depth, i am the best in A level Geography and IGCSE biology in Ghana, Africa, and hope i can provide some ideas.
i think a good place to start is to think of some adaptations, on animals, thick fur, blubber, hibernation perhaps?
for plants, losing leaves seems the main one to me, e.g pine trees.
Then explain how adaptations are done in order to help the organism survive in its natural environment, linking each adaptation to its reason, e.g thick fur keeps it warm. out of interest how many marks was the question?
awh thats really helpful thank you so much x
TristanBearz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by keira200416)
awh thats really helpful thank you so much x
happy to help anytime, helps me study too hehe!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (252)
39.75%
Take autumn exams (188)
29.65%
Look for a job (21)
3.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.94%
Take a year out (110)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.99%

Watched Threads