JDavies34566
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Must rape be reported to the police by the victim ?
A-Conquer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
No, you could report it on behalf of them but youd have to make sure the victim is ready/prepared to talk about it
JDavies34566
Rep:
?
(Original post by A-Conquer)
No, you could report it on behalf of them but youd have to make sure the victim is ready/prepared to talk about it
I see if two people had sex drunk and the next morning one said to the other “you raped me” and the laughs but the other person overthinks the comment and messages the person a few days later saying “why did you say I raped you” if police seen that message would they investigate ? Or not ?
A-Conquer
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by JDavies34566)
I see if two people had sex drunk and the next morning one said to the other “you raped me” and the laughs but the other person overthinks the comment and messages the person a few days later saying “why did you say I raped you” if police seen that message would they investigate ? Or not ?
Well, the influence of alcohol does create issues because the sex could be consentual or might not have been (it may have been a in the moment thing). If the the victim feels like they have been raped then they can take action, if there is no proof of consent this can be more of an issue. "Why did you say i raped you?" can be used against a person, yes.

To be fair, drunk sex is a poor choice in general. If the people have known each other before then it could be worth talking it out and coming to a conclusion. Both people are at fault if it were just drunk sex but it really depends on the situation on how it can be handled
JDavies34566
Rep:
?
Well, the influence of alcohol does create issues because the sex could be consentual or might not have been (it may have been a in the moment thing). If the the victim feels like they have been raped then they can take action, if there is no proof of consent this can be more of an issue. "Why did you say i raped you?" can be used against a person, yes.

To be fair, drunk sex is a poor choice in general. If the people have known each other before then it could be worth talking it out and coming to a conclusion. Both people are at fault if it were just drunk sex but it really depends on the situation on how it can be handled
So the person that said why did you say I raped you is in big trouble ?
A-Conquer
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
So the person that said why did you say I raped you is in big trouble ?
Depends if the victim takes action against them for rape.
they could have realised it was a drunken mistake or could believe they were raped and involve the law
JDavies34566
Rep:
?
Depends if the victim takes action against them for rape.
they could have realised it was a drunken mistake or could believe they were raped and involve the law
I see. If police seen the comment “why did you say I raped you” would they then investigate or would it have to be the victim reporting it for anything to be done ?
A-Conquer
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I see. If police seen the comment “why did you say I raped you” would they then investigate or would it have to be the victim reporting it for anything to be done ?
They could investigate it if they felt nessecary, Yes. (Its kind of suspicious, the wording of it)
JDavies34566
Rep:
?
They could investigate it if they felt nessecary, Yes. (Its kind of suspicious, the wording of it)
Isn’t it just confronting somebody that said you raped them but laughed after ?
A-Conquer
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Isn’t it just confronting somebody that said you raped them but laughed after ?
It is, yes.
Its confrontation but rape accusations are serious and things like this can be used against people.
Try and figure out how the "victim" stands and if they still think the claims are true or not. If the "victim" used rape as a joke then shame on them they are not a good person to be around.

This is kind of a hard thing to get around theres so many ways these kind of situations can go
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise