d3vkfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How is the diversity like at this university. I looked at the online tour and there was alot of just white people and I’m not trying to come off as racist but I would be more comfortable with more of my race there ( black)
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by d3vkfc)
How is the diversity like at this university. I looked at the online tour and there was alot of just white people and I’m not trying to come off as racist but I would be more comfortable with more of my race there ( black)
Very diverse people, but be wary; some people at RH are particularly cliquey. I've seen many a social group go from being so tight knit from Fresher's Week to almost despising some members of the same group shortly after Christmas. Usually, you get a mix of different people. Lots are disappointed to be there as RH was their insurance and they didn't get into UCL, KCL or LSE, while there are lots who love RH and are seriously proud to be there, however stupid they may be (and I'm sure you now know which of those I am). It really depends on your perspective going in and whether you really want to be there. Be warned, the 'magic' of the Founder's Building and the 'proximity' to London wear off very quickly when suddenly you're gorged in hideously boring lectures which are nowhere near the academic stature of UCL or KCL, and Egham station feels miles away and perhaps one of the most depressing places on earth. It also has a slight bullying culture in recent years; people who live in Founders are called 'poor' by those in self-catered accommodations for no reason, and those in Kingswood are unfairly judged as well for a choice that they probably had no control of. The societies are expensive to join, and the range is 'broad' in general, but doesn't tickle much of a fancy to many. Sports clubs are also expensive, as too the gym membership, whilst catered food remains on par with terrible school meals. As a first year there at the moment, and hating it, strongly advise against coming, as, although Mr Paul Layzell will laud how RH is 'up-and-coming' and in the 'top 20' now, there is still an ugly underbelly that he is not quite been made aware of.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (306)
34.3%
No (586)
65.7%

Watched Threads