Should there be an English Parliament

Watch
Mad_Dog_Graveson
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I think there should be one, and it should be situated in York.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
No.
The House of Commons and the Lords are fine where they are, it's the rodents that need to be relocated.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson)
I think there should be one, and it should be situated in York.
No it should be in Southwold.
Mad_Dog_Graveson
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
The House of Commons and the Lords are fine where they are, it's the rodents that need to be relocated.
I agree. I think you misunderstood. The UK Parliament should stay in Westminster, and there should be an English Parliament where the discuss English matters. The English Parliament should be situated in York or Oslo. Viking jobs for English workers.
Quady
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson)
I agree. I think you misunderstood. The UK Parliament should stay in Westminster, and there should be an English Parliament where the discuss English matters. The English Parliament should be situated in York or Oslo. Viking jobs for English workers.
Southwold, we are Saxons.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Would rather defeat the point of Parliament...
Quady
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
Would rather defeat the point of Parliament...
That point being what?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No.

Legal division creates cultural division over time and also provides a platform for elements that are not desirable (the SNP for example). I would personally abolish what i could of devolved assemblies/powers with most coming back to Westminster (others being devolved to local/county authorities).

It is baffling that anybody can look upon the damage done to the union and believe more devolution to regional assemblies is a good thing.

We also have that foolish EVEL law which allows westminster to essentially exclude the non-english MP's on certain issues.
Last edited by Rakas21; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads