?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kittyfifi123456)
How to get a grade 9?
How to tackle question 5 -both papers
How to write a good description?
Any examples?
aqa
Great YouTubers: Mr Bruff, Stacey Reay and Mr Salles.

Other tips:

- Make sure you know the different forms eg article, leaflet, letter and the features of those to get structure marks
- Look back over past writing tasks and make a list of words you use often. Then google synonyms for them and create a word bank to learn, so eg instead of saying ‘blue’ you say ‘azure.’ This can improve the overall quality of your writing.
- The main thing, is just to do as many practice tasks as you can, go through them with your teacher and learn from feedback to keep improving. Practice does make perfect and is so vital. In my real Paper 1 exam, I was freaking out and had no clue what to do for the creative writing, but because I’d done so many practices I remodelled what I’d written in my mocks and it worked out fine. So be prepared for anything and practice a wide variety of photo prompts - don’t try and look for patterns lol because they’ll then throw you a curveball like they did for my year!
kittyfifi123456
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mona123456)
Great YouTubers: Mr Bruff, Stacey Reay and Mr Salles.

Other tips:

- Make sure you know the different forms eg article, leaflet, letter and the features of those to get structure marks
- Look back over past writing tasks and make a list of words you use often. Then google synonyms for them and create a word bank to learn, so eg instead of saying ‘blue’ you say ‘azure.’ This can improve the overall quality of your writing.
- The main thing, is just to do as many practice tasks as you can, go through them with your tThaks eacher and learn from feedback to keep improving. Practice does make perfect and is so vital. In my real Paper 1 exam, I was freaking out and had no clue what to do for the creative writing, but because I’d done so many practices I remodelled what I’d written in my mocks and it worked out fine. So be prepared for anything and practice a wide variety of photo prompts - don’t try and look for patterns lol because they’ll then throw you a curveball like they did for my year!
Thanks for your advice!
Ii used the YouTubers you mentioned they are really useful.But do you have any creative writing that i can be inspired from and also in the exam i write things that are a bit cringy for example if I'm writing I was running fast, I would say that i was running as fast as a cheetah?
which is dumb.Also, i tried to use words that are fancy but my teacher said that the text did not flow so how do you know if a word is correct?
Thank you!!
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got a 9 and full marks on both writing questions. My answers are on this site too. PM me.
Last edited by Tolgarda; 1 month ago
Mona123456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kittyfifi123456)
Thanks for your advice!
Ii used the YouTubers you mentioned they are really useful.But do you have any creative writing that i can be inspired from and also in the exam i write things that are a bit cringy for example if I'm writing I was running fast, I would say that i was running as fast as a cheetah?
which is dumb.Also, i tried to use words that are fancy but my teacher said that the text did not flow so how do you know if a word is correct?
Thank you!!
Regarding your questions

1) Mr Salles has some great creative writing exemplars, definitely check those out.

2) Don’t write cringy things - these are called clichés - google a list of clichés and make sure you do not use them.

3) In terms of getting writing to flow - you need to make sure you understand the purpose of the fancy words you use and look at examples of the context of when to use them (eg look in a dictionary). Then it’s just about practice really and keep getting feedback from your teacher on your work.

Good luck!
kittyfifi123456
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
I got a 9 and full marks for both writing questions. My answers are on this site too. PM me.
Thanks, that's amazing to get a nine!
It my dream to get a 9!!

Any tips that may help me.
Also do you have any vocab that is really good for writing?

And another thing is that i always get stuck on a structure question-any tips to tackle this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (147)
15.61%
Uncertainty around my education (155)
16.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (89)
9.45%
Isolating with family (65)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.61%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (83)
8.81%
Loneliness (95)
10.08%
Financial worries (40)
4.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (85)
9.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (85)
9.02%

Watched Threads